Alpha-1 castle sieges
- Players will be able to join guilds. These guilds can register for the siege events.
- Castle siege events will be 100v100 battles that occur daily and will last for three hours.
- Attackers will start on the opposite end of the map (from the defenders).
- Attackers will be able to use trebuchets to drive to and assault the castle.
- When the attackers have breached the castle they will be able to channel a cast on the relic in the throne room to try to capture the castle from the defenders.
- The victors of castle sieges will receive benefits, such as cloaks, flying mounts for guild leaders and potentially also for guild officers.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Currently the siege zone is actually in the open world, but separated by mountains and off in the sea a bit. There is actually no instancing in A1, although the siege zone will only be accessible in A1 through a registration NPC teleporter. – Steven Sharif
- The opposing team is notified when these raid bosses are being attacked.
- Teams who get the last hit on these bosses will receive buffs that will help them in the siege battle.
Last year, I spoke of attempting to incorporate sieges into the Alpha One experience. This has obviously been a goal of mine because it provides considerable data and a consistent event within the world that players can participate in to help stress test the deployment. Well, I am happy to say that it is appearing more and more likely by the day! Initial implementation of the Apocalypse siege code has been migrated into the Alpha One client, and we should begin internal testing next month. I will caveat this expectation with the fact that we are cutting it a bit close from an internal QA standpoint, but I have some confidence that the system will be online and capable of inclusion for the Alpha One test in the month of June. The siege component will obviously not be representative of what the siege system will be at launch, or even in Alpha Two. – Steven Sharif
- Destructible structures (such as walls and gates) are present in Alpha-1 castle sieges.
Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based events such as Asedios de nodos, Asedios a castillos, Guild Wars, and Node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
Alpha-1 combat revamp
- The goal is to give more agency to the player and achieve a more fluid flow of combat with greater mobility when using abilities.
- The current hybrid tab and action combat system will remain after the revamp.
- This revamp will not represent the final form of combat, but will set the general direction that combat will be taking.
- The revamp will be iterative and will be rolled out to testers in different phases.
- The revamped combat system will feature split-body animations, where the character's upper body can be locked by weapon attack animations while the lower body is free to continue moving.
The weapon attack is an important component of the combat system, so we want to make sure that as we're doing this combat revamp that we are essentially taking into consideration player feedback and sentiment about how they want a reactive and more mobile weapon attack system. – Steven Sharif
I noticed many of you are talking about like damage being done and like doesn't look like it's enough damage or hit points and stuff like that. Two things on that front: One is again this is not a content test, so balance is kind of finger-in-the-wind at the moment. Most of balancing comes out of actual testing around those particular systems and we're not focused on that at the moment. Again this is about the core functionality of these types of systems not about the refinement or getting them prettied up per-se. So I wouldn't take too much stock or concern in how the balance is gonna flesh out. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 PvE content
- Hay más de 200 misiones en Alpha-1.
- Aproximadamente el 10 por ciento del sistema artesanal estará en línea en Alpha-1.
- Hay aproximadamente 49 Conjuntos de Equipo únicos que se pueden obtener en Alpha-1.
- No hay instancias en Alpha-1.
- Aproximadamente 6 o 7 mazmorras con una con dificultad casi de nivel de incursion.
- Dos Jefes Mundiales que requierengrupos grandes.
- Un verdadero jefe de incursión de 40 personas.
- Los asedios a los castillos Alfa-1 ocurren en una zona a la que se puede acceder a través de un teletransporte NPC o PNJ (Personaje no jugador) .
Hay más de 200 misiones en el juego en este momento. Hay un montón de mazmorras. Hemos rediseñado todas las peleas de jefes. Esos dragones que ves en el asedio también son parte del mundo abierto. Habrá algo ligeramente diferente: hay algunas mecánicas adicionales en las versiones de asedio en comparación con las que están en el mundo, pero hay muchas cosas interesantes para obtener en ambas, así que asegúrese de revisarlas y cazarlas.  – Jeffrey Bard
Alpha-1 playtest schedule
|Alpha-1||Alpha-1 early preview livestream.||March 27, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 limited QA testing (NDA).||May 28, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 1 (NDA).||Dec 18 - Dec 21 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 2 (NDA).||Feb 19 - Feb 22 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview intermittent spot testing (NDA).||Mar 19 - Jul 9 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview weekend (no NDA).||July 9 - July 11 2021.|
|Alpha-1 (no NDA).||July 14 - August 13 2021.|
|Alpha-1 additional tests.||To be announced.|
The term "alpha" is a tricky one, and it typically has 2 meanings in gaming. The development meaning for alpha is a point in the process where we are ready to test the fundamental systems in their core form, without polish and without much of the content. Then, there is the external or "marketing" term for alpha. This is typically applied to Eastern-ported MMORPGs, when in fact that is a completed game being localized for a region, and not really indicative of a true development alpha. As you may know by now, game development has many stages - from the initial tech demos to the pre-production and pre-alpha states, then on to the alphas and betas and eventually launch. – Steven Sharif
I want to make emphatically clear, our alphas and betas are true development alphas and betas, and some have said I am crazy to allow these phases to be seen without an NDA…maybe I am crazy? lol… But I am trusting the community of gamers out there to get a glimpse into the process, and understand the long road ahead for what will eventually be worth the wait. Given time and talent, amazing things can happen, so make sure you help us in communicating that we are in open development which means people get to see the bare bones before the meat. And look, I know people see our 4K footage and say, "This looks better than most released games!", but trust me when I say, you ain't seen nothin’ yet. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 testing goals
- Server deployment and performance testing
- Stress-test our server deployments and player concurrency numbers with high volumes of player activity and interactions.
- Stand up multiple world server deployments across different geographical regions.
- Soak test server grid health over a continuous period of production use.
- Evaluate current networking architecture, and identify non-performant code and areas for additional optimizations or refactoring.
- Test our build strategy and hot-fix deployment procedures, account services, web-based systems, launcher and patcher stability, and cloud-based infrastructure.
- System functionalities and behavior testing (in their core state)
- Node features (In their core state).
- Experience collection – The ability for nodes to collect and store accrued experience from players in their Zona de influencia and for this data to persist in a global hierarchy of the node matrix.
- Propagation – The ability for nodes to advance in stages, reflecting the appropriate advancements in the following: culture, layout, quest hooks, spawners, crafting and processing stations, NPCs, service buildings, merchant tables, prop placement, housing, citizenship, government systems (election, appointment, terms, admin interface) and taxes, |points of interest propagation and advancement, public projects, and parenting/vassal hierarchy.
- Player character systems (in their core state)
- Experience collection and persistence, experience debt, death effects, corruption and flagging, inventory systems, character paper doll and equipable items, property ownership and player storage, stats and waterfall derivatives, combat and ability systems, tab and action states, race and class selection and their customization, movement and character states, looting and party management systems.
- Ancillary systems (in their core state)
- Caravanas, drop, spawn, and reward table adaptations, player trading, mount and vehicle systems, raid and party functionality, guild progression and persistence, guild hierarchy, chat systems, customized AI behavior trees, boss functionality, harvesting prerequisites and procedural resource spawners, recipes and craft station systems, interactable containers and objects, global event manager, siege and battleground systems, open world traversal and dungeon design, quest and narrative dialogue setup.
The above is not a comprehensive list of everything being tested in Alpha One, but it hits the primary points. There are many other data metrics being collected for our approach to the content production pipelines, system definitions, and refactoring as well. Not to mention a plethora of technical art implications and optimizations, but you get the gist. This is a very fundamental test that will impact the direction of development post-Alpha One, so you can understand the importance of testing and its need for player participation, attention, and feedback. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 testing zone (Alpha island)
- There are 12 different (sub)zones in the Alpha-1 testing location.
- The Alpha-1 zone is almost 100 km2 in size. This is about 17% of the total world size.
- Alpha island (also called Alpha-0 island) was the first open-world testing zone for Alpha-1 participants.
- There are approximately 4 biomes in Alpha-1: Flood plains, Sahara (Desert), Snowy mountains.
- Temporary teleportation points will be present in early tests until ships are introduced later in the alpha testing.
Adventurer pre-order pack FAQ
- How long will the Adventurer pre-order pack be available?
- The Adventurer pre-order pack will be available for purchase from May 5, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until August 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific.
- The Adventurer pre-order pack includes access to both NDA and non-NDA Alpha-1 testing. Testing periods may be delayed or suspended, and do not represent the final game. Do not purchase Alpha-1 access if you are looking to play a finished game - testing will require your feedback and patience. Testers with the Adventurer pre-order pack can join in our NDA spot testing, as well as our non-NDA Alpha-1 preview and testing. As Adventurer pre-order pack owners will have access to Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2, stay tuned to our helpful knowledge base article here for more details on future test dates!
- Will there be a limited number of Adventurer pre-order packs available?
- We have not announced any plans to limit the quantity of available Adventurer Pre-order Packages. However, keep in mind that the Adventurer Pre-order Package will only be available for purchase until August 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific..
- If you already own a Wayfarer pre-order pack, Expeditionary pre-order pack, Voyager pre-order pack, or Voyager plus pre-order pack, you will see upgrade options in the shop when you are logged in. This will allow you to purchase the Adventurer pre-order pack (which includes Alpha-1 access) for the difference in price.
- If I’m a Kickstarter or El verano de la financiación campaign backer, how can I get access to Alpha-1?
- If you are a Braver of worlds, Leader of men, Royalty, Hero of the people, or Avatar of the phoenix backer, you already have access to participate in Alpha-1 testing. Please check your email for further information. If you did not receive an email, please reach out to our Support team directly here.
- If you are an Explorer, Settler, Pioneer, Founder, or Warrior of old backer, you will see upgrade options in the shop when you are logged in. This will allow you to purchase the Braver of worlds package (which includes Alpha-1 access) or higher for the difference in price.
- Who is eligible to participate in Alpha-1 testing?
- Anyone who won and claimed an Alpha One Key through a giveaway.
- Adventurer pre-order pack and Intrepid pre-order pack owners.
- Braver of worlds, Leader of men, Royalty, Hero of the people, and Avatar of the phoenix Kickstarter backers and summer campaign backers.
- Official content creators.
- Where can I get more info on Alpha-1 testing if I’m participating?
- Keep an eye out for emails from our team with more details on how to download and play! We'll also email you more info on how to get the latest testing updates on our Discord and forums. If you don’t receive any emails and you believe you should, please reach out to our Support team directly here.
2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2020-10-31
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (24:44).
- Vídeo, 2021-04-30 (19:25).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (19:04).
- Vídeo, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (25:44).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (11:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-01-18 (37:05).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (20:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (22:37).
- Vídeo, 2021-02-26 (30:02).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:14:50).
- Vídeo, 2021-02-26 (6:17).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (49:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-02-26 (27:41).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (4:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:13:05).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:36:43).
- March 2020 newsletter.
- Vídeo, 2020-03-23 (0:01).
- Creative Director's Letter, 1 April 2020.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-02-26 (14:58).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, January 2021.
- Alpha One Schedule Update, May 10 2021.
- An Update on Alpha One Schedule, March 12 2021
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (12:09).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (22:43).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (9:51).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (53:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (25:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-01-29 (26:38).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Ashes of Creation Store: May cosmetics.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-04-30 (4:02).