- Castle nodes exist outside of the node system. They are independent of anything that's happening outside in the world with other nodes shutting off certain nodes from progressing.
- Castle nodes do not have Citizenship, Zones of Influence, Arrendamientos, Node governments, or Organizaciones sociales.
- Castle nodes cannot exceed stage 3 (Aldea).
- Castle nodes are always military node types.
- Each of the dedicated castle nodes is barren at the start of the castle ownership period.
- The guild must develop those nodes to enhance the defenses of the castle.
- It will be possible, but very difficult for a single guild to fully develop these nodes. They will likely need assistance from the broader community.
- Mercenary NPCs of different types and strengths can also be hired to participate in castle sieges and defend caravans during these events based on the allocation made by the governing castle and how successful they have been defending their castle nodes.
Once the castle is owned by a guild that's when the supporting castle nodes start to come online and spawn each week prior to the fourth week castle siege. They'll have to form alliances, they'll have to get support, they'll have to get resources, they'll be able to allocate funds that have been collected through taxation in order to strengthen the defenses as well as hiring additional NPC mercenaries. – Steven Sharif
- Levelling castle nodes is a hastened process compared to regular nodes.
- At the end of each week leading up to a castle siege there is a period of time in the weekend where NPC generated caravans start moving toward one of the castle nodes carrying castle taxes from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview.
- During this time it is incumbent upon the owning guild, its allies, and citizens of the nodes to escort these caravans to the castle node.
- The enemies of the guild have incentive to attack these caravans to reap the rewards from the caravan and to sabotage the tax collection, which will reduce the defensive capability of the castle nodes and hence the castle itself.
- Citizens of nodes that fall under the purview of the castle are automatically registered as defenders of these caravans and may not participate in attacks against them.
- Completing these quests unlocks services and functions that are useful to the occupying guild and its allies as well as boosting the defenses the castle.
- Only members of the occupying guild are citizens of these nodes.
- This citizenship is different to normal node citizenship. Castle nodes don't operate like normal nodes.
Castillos del gremio
- Gremios have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- The attacking guilds need to fight the NPCs and kill a raid boss at the center of the castle.
- There will not be a relic to capture, instead whichever guild had highest contributing DPS against the raid boss will capture the castle.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
Benefits of guild castles
- These benefits increase the longer a guild holds its castle.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Levy taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activate events and abilities that benefit node citizens under their rule.
- Establish special relationships with Mayors to help build up the three dedicated castle nodes.
- Unlock additional types of buildings in nodes.
- Exert control and pressure over one of the five economic regions.
Asedios a castillos
- Sieges occur once a month within a server prime-time window.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
- Castle sieges (in the final release) may or may not be instanced.
Each week leading up to the siege week... is a week that's dedicated to one of the three castle dedicated nodes. So around the castle there are three nodes. They represent week, one, two, and three; and then the fourth week is the siege against the castle. Those can only be elevated up to stage three. We've discussed this in the past and there's definitely information out there on the community ran wiki. – Steven Sharif
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Aldea stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends their castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – kind of a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 castle sieges
- Players will be able to join guilds. These guilds can register for the siege events.
- Castle siege events will be 100v100 battles that occur daily and will last for three hours.
- Attackers will start on the opposite end of the map (from the defenders).
- Attackers will be able to use trebuchets to drive to and assault the castle.
- When the attackers have breached the castle they will be able to channel a cast on the relic in the throne room to try to capture the castle from the defenders.
- The victors of castle sieges will receive benefits, such as cloaks, flying mounts for guild leaders and potentially also for guild officers.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Currently the siege zone is actually in the open world, but separated by mountains and off in the sea a bit. There is actually no instancing in A1, although the siege zone will only be accessible in A1 through a registration NPC teleporter. – Steven Sharif
- The opposing team is notified when these raid bosses are being attacked.
- Teams who get the last hit on these bosses will receive buffs that will help them in the siege battle.
Last year, I spoke of attempting to incorporate sieges into the Alpha One experience. This has obviously been a goal of mine because it provides considerable data and a consistent event within the world that players can participate in to help stress test the deployment. Well, I am happy to say that it is appearing more and more likely by the day! Initial implementation of the Apocalypse siege code has been migrated into the Alpha One client, and we should begin internal testing next month. I will caveat this expectation with the fact that we are cutting it a bit close from an internal QA standpoint, but I have some confidence that the system will be online and capable of inclusion for the Alpha One test in the month of June. The siege component will obviously not be representative of what the siege system will be at launch, or even in Alpha Two. – Steven Sharif
- Destructible structures (such as walls and gates) are present in Alpha-1 castle sieges.
- Una sala de gremio solo alberga un gremio.
- Las salas del gremio son objetivos en las [[Guild wars|guerras de gremios].
- Las salas del gremio se pueden colocar en freeholds de Gremios o dentro de Nodos.
- Las salas de gremio en el nodo solo pueden ser reclamadas porGremios patrocinadores de ese Nodo. Estos tienen diferentes ventajas y beneficios para las salas ubicadas en parcelas de Freeholds.
- Cuando un gremio alcanza un cierto nivel, el maestro del gremio recibe un certificado de freehold de gremio para permitir la colocación de una sala de gremio. 
¡Las salas de gremio son la máxima expresión del poder de un gremio! En Ashes, estas estructuras servirán como puntos focales para un gremio, ofreciendo a cualquier gremio que las construya una gran cantidad de beneficios, así como opciones de personalización.
Fortalezas del gremio
- Guild fortresses are objectives in guild wars. These are contested on a regular basis.
- The developers will decide if guild fortresses will be implemented in the game or shelved.
The fortress design is also something that might be on the shelf. We haven't decided yet. We're going to look into it, but the the idea behind the fortress is that this is a competitive kind of guild hall so to speak where you have to contend for it on a regular basis so to speak; or can be taken from you necessarily. Whereas the guild hall is a structure similar to freehold structure can only be taken through successful sieges against a node per-se are not taken but destroyed. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
Node layout and style
- La localización del nodo.
- El tipo de nodo.
- La raza con mayor contribución al avance del nodo.
- El resto es determinado por el alcalde del nodo.
Existe el desgaste y ese desgaste en la experiencia y la influencia aumenta basado en el desempeño de la raza en el mundo. Así que si todos los nodos fuesen nodos orcos, su nivel de desgaste sería muy alto y se volvería muy difícil competir contra el establecimiento cultural de nuevos nodos, pues ellos tendrían más influencia sobre el mundo y la opinión popular estaría en su contra en aquellos nodos fuera de su control. – Steven Sharif
- These benefits apply to citizens of the dominant culture but they also apply to mechanics of the node and can also be of benefit to members of other races.
- There is an attrition mechanic that affects experience and influence to curb a single race from dominating the entire world.
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (21:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:29:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:41:24).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-08-23 (23:00).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:31:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (49:30).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (52:32).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-08-28 (1:43:03).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (24:44).
- Vídeo, 2021-04-30 (19:25).
- Vídeo, 2021-05-28 (19:04).
- Vídeo, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (18:07).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (56:48).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:54:15).
- Entrevista, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- Podcast, 2018-08-18 (1:12:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-02-28 (1:06:51).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ochre Legion Wyrmling.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:05:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (56:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (33:00).