Asedios del castillo
- Sieges occur once a month.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Village stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends the castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – kind of a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Guild ladder
- 2 Castillos del gremio
- 3 Siege defenses
- 4 Declaring a castle siege
- 5 Castle siege objectives
- 6 Siege alliances
- 7 Siege participation
- 8 Siege mechanics
- 9 Habilidades de asedio
- 10 Siege aftermath
- 11 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- 12 Artwork
- 13 See also
- 14 Referencias
When the guild participates in guild wars or they participate in sieges, you'll be able to climb the ranks of your inter-guild ladder as well so you get bragging rights amongst your friends. – Steven Sharif
Castillos del gremio
- Gremios have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- These castles will be very difficult to take from the NPCs.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
- Castle nodes exist outside of the node system. They are independent of anything that's happening outside in the world with other nodes shutting off certain nodes from progressing.
- Castle nodes do not have Citizenship, Zones of Influence, Arrendamientos, Node governments, or Organizaciones sociales.
- Castle nodes cannot exceed stage 3 (Village).
- Castle nodes are always military node types.
- Each of the dedicated castle nodes is barren at the start of the castle ownership period.
- The guild must develop those nodes to enhance the defenses of the castle.
- It will be possible, but very difficult for a single guild to fully develop these nodes. They will likely need assistance from the broader community.
- Levelling castle nodes is a hastened process compared to regular nodes.
- Using caravans to move supplies during the weeks before a castle siege.
- Completing these quests unlocks services and functions that are useful to the occupying guild and its allies as well as boosting the defenses the castle.
- Rival guilds will want to destroy supply caravans to prevent them from leveling up the castle and its dedicated nodes.
- Only members of the occupying guild are citizens of these nodes.
- This citizenship is different to normal node citizenship. Castle nodes don't operate like normal nodes.
- Treasury funds can be invested into improving defensive structures, such as stronger walls and gates, traps, and defensive siege equipment.
- Relics will offer area-of-effect buffs to damage, attack range or player health of the defenders.
- Race will not affect the defensive capability of a node.
Declaring a castle siege
- Once a guild registers for the siege a scroll creation quest is initiated that guild members may participate in, and it becomes possible to lay the declaration scroll down as soon as the quest is completed.
- Multiple guilds may register to attack and the first to complete the scroll and lay down the declaration may begin to have their members register to attack (there will be a cap).
- The siege scroll deployment is a 5 min rooted cast that alerts the region at the cast initiation and names the caster that must be the guild leader.
- If the guild leader is killed, the casting is interrupted. The scroll will remain until it is recast. It will disappear if it is not cast within the declaration period.
- The scroll may only be placed in a ring around the castle. The quality of the scroll determines the proximity to the castle.
- Players don't need to be in the guild that owns a castle in order to sign up for the defense of the castle.
- The guild leader that owns the castle is able to approve guilds that have applied to defend at the castle.
- Following declaration, the defender has a week grace period to approve defenders, hire mercenary NPCs and set up defensible positions.
- Castle sieges.
- Asedios de nodos.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
Castle siege objectives
- Attackers capture waypoints in the castle's architecture to diminish their respawn timer and increase the respawn timer of the defenders.
- Defenders can counter-play by attacking the siege headquarters of the attackers to diminish their declaration flags and increase their respawn timers.
- Legendary NPCs will be present as commanders that act like mini raid bosses within the defending and attacking armies. Killing these provides added benefits, such as certain types of drops that grant battlefield benefits to either side.
- The ultimate objective for the defenders is to survive during the timed period of the siege, which is approximately 90 minutes in its first iteration.
- If the attackers reach the inner keep of the castle, a guild leader (or one other delegated officer) must cast a 3 to 5 minute cast to seal ownership of the castle.
There's an opportunity there for perhaps backstabbing in the throne room where one guild is like yeah you know we agreed to get to this area but we had a change of heart in the middle of the battle. – Steven Sharif
- For node sieges, citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- There are many reasons to participate as an ally in the attack or defence of other nodes.
- Social bonds.
Many incentives exist that can benefit your node and yourself personally by participating in the attack or defense of cities. These range from titles, to items, to materials, to money. Additionally, aiding others may help you strengthen bonds when your assets are threatened. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are testing methods for restricting non-registered combatants from entering the battlefield.
Players may choose to respawn at their HQ as long as they are registered.
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
- Sieges will occur within a prime-time window of between 3PM and 7PM server time.
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
- Players assign them, but don't micromanage them in a similar manner to pets.
- These will be objective-based and not overly prevalent in the world.
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
There are mercenary NPCs that can be assigned to players. We've discussed about that before and those will follow generically kind of... a kind of pet system even you know adopted majority of the pet system with the added bonus of kind of objective based points of interest that you can assign them to. But we don't want to inundate the field with these mercenaries they'll be kind of few and far between. They'll be assigned specifically like let's say for example you know as the mayor of a node during a siege you'll be able to assign these two specific players that are citizens within your node and then they'll have those they'll spawn during the during the node siege; or vice versa and the castle siege you know guild leaders can assign mercenaries that are available based on the progress of those subsidiary nodes around the castle siege whether or not you have those available to your defense or your attack. – Steven Sharif
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
Habilidades de asedio
Este es el tipo de sistemas que queremos aplicar, donde los grupos con un arquetipo primario en común puedan unirse para invocar este tipo de efectos, que estarán relacionados con la identidad de ese arquetipo. – Steven Sharif
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
If eight Tank archetypes each use one of their summon wall abilities it might construct a larger wall that can divide two raids in a moment; and would require damage and block skills and abilities for a momentary lapse of battle between those two raids. – Steven Sharif
- Attackers may not be capable of destroying a node during a siege. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
- Node buildings (including player housing) have hit points and can be damaged during sieges. If buildings suffer more than approximately 25% damage, any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- If the node still exists after the siege has ended, citizens will need to obtain the resources needed to repair and rebuild any damaged infrastructure.
- Player housing that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold.
You could be more precision oriented in the decision to attack a city. Let's say it's a rival node that's trying to reach you know a node stage five or something and you want to disable their ability for the religious system to progress so you target the temple during the attack, or you want to disable their scholars academy from reaching a higher level so that your nodes can; or you want to disable multiple buildings that allow for experience and quests to be undertaken by its citizenship, which prevents them from keeping up in pace of experience gained with your node. These can be more precision oriented and don't have to effectualize an actual takeover of the node. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Takes place in and around large destructible castles.
- Matches are expected to last thirty to thirty-five minutes. This duration can be modified by control points captured during the match.
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Class kits come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- The ability to host a session and challenge an opponent or guild may be present post-launch of castle siege mode.
The Castle Siege mode is another example of a playable slice of the MMORPG that Apocalypse is providing early testing for. While it’s a somewhat smaller scale experience than the one you’ll have in the MMO, the overall flow of taking and defending a castle will remain similar. There’s some additional systems you’ll see in the final product, like the influence of Nodes over the available defensive emplacements, the crafting and deploying of custom siege weapons, and the summoning of siege monsters. These are all things that we’ll be adding on top of this mode upon our release of Ashes of Creation. – Margaret Krohn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege maps
- Initially two castle maps are planned for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
On January 11, 2019, we showcased our sneak peek of two siege map designs coming to Ashes of Creation Apocalypse soon - Castle Korgan previously owned by the Aelan humans and Castle Milnar constructed by the great Dünzenkell dwarves. These great castles of Verra were the cornerstone of defense for the Empires that owned them. Once home to legendary battles that turned the tides of power and influence on Verra. Now abandoned by the great powers that have fled Verra through the Divine Gateways, these great pillars of civilization are battlefields in the Apocalypse. – Margaret Krohn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mechanics
- The matchmaker will attempt to assign a player their selected side (referred to as role in the article) but it may allocate another side so as to shorten queue times.
- Once in the match, a player's side will not change.
- Players can see the numbers of players in their raid who have selected each class.
- Players will have a limited amount of time to lock in their class choice. If they miss the window, the least selected class choice will be automatically chosen for them.
- There is no limit to the number of a specific class that may be on a team, however the developers note that composition will be important from a strategic perspective.
- Classes cannot be swapped during a match, but this may change based on testing.
There will be a timeframe for preparation where attackers and defenders take positions and prepare weaponry.
- Siege weaponry will include ballistas, trebuchets, battering rams and potentially traps and "powder keg" type weapons.
When you join into the castle siege in Apocalypse you're going to be able to select one of six classes. Right and upon selecting those classes then you're going to be placed on your starting side, whether it be the attacker or defenders; and then you're going to be able to start preparations. It's gonna be a little bit of a loading time where you have selected those classes. You're going to take positions perhaps and whatnot; and there are siege weaponry that's going to be present there as you see here some ballistas, some trebuchets, a battering ram and maybe some traps and some powder keg kind of stuff available to destroy some things. – Steven Sharif
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
There will be a variety of siege weapons available to the Attacking side including Trebuchets and Battering Rams. Trebuchets’ range will be long enough to reach the enemy ballistas from their initial placement points. These placement points will be out of player character’s weapon range from the castle walls, but within ballista range, and scattered on the battlefield. – Margaret Krohn
Once inside the castle, the attackers need to hold objectives.
- There are objectives within the castle, such as killing guard captains.
- Attackers must destroy key strategic objectives to swing the battle in their favor.
- Defenders must protect key strategic objectives to maintain advantage.
- Holding capture points increase or decrease the duration of the map, change the opposing side's respawn times and give buffs to the side that holds them.
- Players can also respawn on capture points that they hold.
The ultimate objective of the attackers is to reach the center keep of the castle to channel on the final relic that's present in order to achieve victory.
The defenders are attempting to hold out as long as possible, but they can also rush the field to the enemy encampment or headquarters to attempt to damage their ability to siege.
- Attempt to take out attacker's siege weapons.
- Attempt to capture attacker's control points to increase their spawn time and decrease the total match time.
If a Defender captures an Attacker’s Control Point, the total match time decreases, the Attacker Teams’ respawn time increases, and it also provides a temporary morale buff to the entire Defender’s side. Defenders will also be able to teleport to any Control Points that have been taken. – Margaret Krohn
Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
Ballistas will have fixed positions on castle towers. Traps will be placeable items that the Defending Team can use to damage and crowd control their enemies. Note that these items are destructible by the Attacking Team. – Margaret Krohn
- Upon death, players join a respawn queue shared with their teammates.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
- Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
- Siege weapons are deployable and piloted by players.
With regards to alpha one phase one however in the castle siege system... what will happen is static siege equipment that's placed in the map for the attackers to utilize that will present at focal points of PvP in the match where defenders will know where to target a specific area on the field in order to attack.  – Steven Sharif
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-06-04 (58:19).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (21:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-08-23 (23:00).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (14:28).
- Vídeo, 2017-04-20 (8:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:29:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:22:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:33:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-01-18 (37:05).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (44:20).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (37:05).
- Vídeo, 2017-05-31 (2:27).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (20:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (45:14).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (36:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-11-22 (1:14:23).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ochre Legion Wyrmling.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:05:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (56:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (25:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (57:37).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (11:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:52:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-11-22 (41:02).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (49:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (10:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (28:01).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (14:59).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-07-09 (42:48).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Vídeo, 2019-09-24 (0:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-06-28 (31:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Vídeo, 2019-03-08 (0:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-10-31 (11:05).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-08-17 (30:29).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-01 (54:06).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (13:17).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (8:16).
- Entrevista, 2018-12-06 (38:10).
- Vídeo, 2019-01-11 (0:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-01-11 (35:44).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-01-11 (34:26).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-01-11 (56:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-01-11 (37:45).
- Vídeo, 2019-07-17 (0:00).