We want the City Hall to be the place where big decisions are made for each Node. It should be where the “ruling class” comes together and decides what to do (these decisions can quickly make them the “old ruling class” too).
- Status of the node's economy.
- Status of upcoming elections.
- Status of trade agreements.
- Status of caravans.
- Clicking on a citizen will reveal information about their guild, society, religion, and property ownership.
- Priests, bishops or acolytes in certain temples.
- Patron guild leader.
- Chief bounty hunter.
- Enter into trade agreements.
- Directing assets.
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
The government has a lot of say in the direction of the nodes development. Directing assets, building projects, tax allocation, defensive ability etc. Players have the ability to not only create these cities, but they have the right of self-governance.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds hold separate roles in the direction of the node than the roles held by private citizens.
- Only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles.
- Separate guild roles are reserved for small, medium and large guilds.
Guild’s also hold separate roles in the direction of the node, than the roles held by private citizens, and only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles. Separate guild roles are reserved for Small size guilds, medium size guilds and large size guilds.
- This mutually flags the citizens of the warring nodes, including their allies, as combatants.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare a node war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
Battle maps allow players to strategize, gain bonuses on planned attacks, and see the blueprints of attackable points. Whether attacking a node or castle, players will be able to discern defenses, analyze possible weak points and gain tactical advantages before the battle begins.
- Battle maps might not fit into lower level or smaller sized taverns.
- Battle maps are not currently on the official roadmap for launch.
Battle maps offer an interactive command map instead of the standard Mapa del mundo. The system would be accessed through City hall or battle planning center. Battle maps work similar to a Risk board, with the node siege map laid out with moveable pieces that would represent defenses. Moving pieces would create buff zones that would give active siege players access to special items or perks. The map does not show the currently active battle: pieces will have to be moved before the battle commences. The idea is to make sieges more strategic and avoid simple zerg tactics.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- City hall.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (9:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:02:46).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:20:48).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:52:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:04:05).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (36:05).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (36:09).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- The mighty beard!
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-31 (33:28).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (40:50).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:26:14).