- Farming offers time-based returns from leveraging the freehold system.
- Farmed materials can be processed into craftable materials.
- Farmed materials can also be converted directly into consumable items through professions such as cooking and alchemy.
- There won't be a breeding mechanic associated with crops.
The way farming complements what would be in-the-wild gathering is these are more specific applications of returns: These are timed returns that you can have, leveraging essentially the Freehold system and the areas of that. Now once you have collected that farmed material, that's when you process it into a craftable material or you can take it directly through some of the farming professions into a consumable item, whether that be through Cooking or through Alchemy or any types of those things. – Steven Sharif
- Artisan freehold features are also affected by adjacent terrain features. For example: building next to a river provides a nearby source of clean freshwater, and will have a positive effect on crops.
Farmhands and NPC assistance
Based on node type and progression, players will be able to hire NPCs to work as farmhands on their freehold farms. Players will be able to command these farmhands online in-game as well as offline via an application (mobile app) or web interface.
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (42:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-30 (20:01).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (44:17).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-05-29 (35:36).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-05-29 (39:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (56:42).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (15:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-09 (28:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (11:00).
- Vídeo, 2017-05-25 (4:37).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-10-30 (44:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (32:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-06-01 (24:30).