- Many of the visible resources (such as Trees and Ore) in the open world are gatherable.
- The exact type of resource present within a resource node is not known until the node is harvested.
- There's a bunch of different things in Ashes that will be gatherable. We have plants and trees and rocks and fish and animals and creatures that can be tamed; and we're thinking to reach the visual fidelity bar and to have things a little bit more rooted in what we know is that it wouldn't really make sense for you to just see gold all over the world in the same way that you would plants and trees; so we wanted to get feedback on what players think about some of the different gatherable types having different things that you would have to know and expect from them. So rocks are a good example of this, where you can see a rock but until you crack that thing open you don't know if it's full of stone, crystals, rubies, gold. So we wanted to try that out with some of our gatherables to have players have to open this thing up- and that's not to say that we players won't stumble on a nice load, or vein, or geode of gold, but most of the stuff that they would they would find to the world, unless they they look hard enough, would require them to crack that stone open. – Kory Rice
- Gathering requires the creation and use of tools.
- Surveying plays a key role in helping gatherers identify resources in particular locations.
- Gathering within a node's Zona de influencia (ZOI) will contribute to its experience growth.
- Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting.
- Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Gathering professions
- 2 Artisan mastery
- 3 Recursos
- 4 Resource locations
- 5 Artisan gear
- 6 Timeline
- 7 Artwork
- 8 Guías de la comunidad
- 9 Ver también
- 10 Referencias
Dentro de cada una de las tres vías de artesanía (Recolección, procesado y Elaboración) hay diferentes profesiones. Un personaje sólo puede dominar una de estas dos vías principales y hasta dos (2) profesiones dentro de esta clase de artesanía (sujeto a pruebas).
- When it comes to complete mastery, we're really identifying around two or three right now, but that's something that gets play tested- something gets iterated upon. – Steven Sharif
- Un personaje podrá alcanzar una competencia de nivel 3 o 4 en las profesiones que no domine. – Steven Sharif
- Players will have the opportunity to dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
- En función de las pruebas, se puede decidir limitar los certificados de dominio de una profesión a un valor máximo.
- Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- El dominio de estas profesiones no se limita a fabricar un objeto. Conceden muchas cosas como titulos, acceso a objetos, rebajas y misiones. 
- Previamente se decía que, con un esfuerzo considerable, un jugador podía dominar todas las profesiones dentro de una clase de artesanía.  Esto se cambió más tarde para que un jugador pudiera dominar algunas, pero no todas las profesiones dentro de esta clase de artesanía. Esto se cambió para poder dominar hasta dos o tres profesiones dentro de una clase de artesanía que se domine (sujeto a pruebas). La postura actual es poder dominar hasta dos profesiones.
- Elegir una de estas vías específicas dentro del árbol de habilidades, da al jugador la oportunidad de especializarse en un área determinada. Esto fomenta la inter-dependencia del jugador, mejorando la experencia en la artesanía.
- When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables, others will exist as clusters that will last until the vein is depleted.
- We really want resources to be persistent and non-renewable. If there’s a mithril vein, that mithril vein will be there until it runs out. The server will manage these amounts on its own, and will repopulate things where and when it desires. You might find another mithril vein in that location sometime later, or somewhere nearby, or maybe never again!
- Players drop resources and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
- Raw materials (gatherable resources) are not to be confused with crafting materials (processed goods).
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
Resource extractors are potential constructions that can collect resources over time.
- Available to node citizens who own a freehold near a "resource center".
- Requires several people to construct.
- Moving resources from the extractor will likely require a caravan.
List of resources
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables that will randomly respawn at a different location once collected.
- Other resources will exist as a cluster (also called vein gatherables). These will last until the full resource is depleted.
- Like a large mine that's present and has a vein of mithril ore in it, or a herd of some type of animal that you can collect fur or wool from. – Steven Sharif
- There will be moving resources such as herds of animals that are constantly moving around the world.
- Herds are a source of certain types of wild gatherables but they're in animal form and they're animated; and they exist in a group of the golden fleece sheep that might only spawn very rarely in certain hillsides; and only during spring. And if you can find that vein so to speak of resource you can interact with the herd and you can gather from them. – Steven Sharif
- Resources respawn on a cooldown basis.
- Resources won't be locked to the node system.
- Some unique resources may be monsters in disguise or have monsters defending them.
- Surveying is a way that players can check out an area for resources. Players can learn where resources are that are static and that grow back in the same location; but we'll also have resources and Ashes that can spawn anywhere, so surveying will help players locate those those resources. So if they're looking for something specific they can hunt them down. Surveying will also allow players to uncover hidden resources that players wouldn't be able to see with their with their naked eye. Another thing that a surveying would provide is some of the information that we're talking about before, like for instance if you survey- and inside of your survey area there's plants, you might learn what season that plant likes to grow in. You might learn whether it likes to be watered during the winter versus how it likes to be watered in the summer. – Kory Rice
- Surveying can identify the types of resources that spawn statically within an area and also provides information about the seasons and locations they spawn in.
- Surveying can help uncover hidden resources that are not visible to the naked eye.
- Progresión de las profesiones unlocks higher level surveying tools that enable better identification of gatherable resources within a location.
- Unlocking surveying pylons allows the gatherer to adjust the shape and extend the area of their survey.
- You'd work with a surveying tool; and you set the surveying tool down, and that tool would have a specific area in which it's able to uncover and extract information about the resources that are in the area. As a starting out gatherer you might end up with one of the tools, but as you as you progress and become more proficient with using the tool you might be able to set up additional pylons and extend the the area of your survey. That allows you to start making shapes and having more strategic areas that you're surveying. If you could connect multiple pylons to create a shape, maybe you could follow the twisting caverns of the cave. Maybe if you're out in the open like we are here you could just try and make yourself a nice widened shape to scan as much of the area as possible. So it'll be up to the player to be tricky with their surveying tool to try and get the most efficiency out of their survey. – Kory Rice
- As you draw resources from your surrounding area- what type of effect does that have on the land; and then also how effectively can you draw those resources without having such a deleterious effect on the land, which might impact future resource gathering for some period of time: And it makes relevant the movement of these players who are collecting these goods from the environment, that they actually cannot always just do so in one particular area, as the land management begins to degrade. So it actually encourages movement across the world to discover new areas that might not be as perturbed as the ones you're coming from. It's a very interesting idea. It's something that we're going to be prototyping in Alpha 2 and getting feedback on and testing. – Steven Sharif
- The spawn rate of resources in a given area is influenced by how players are interacting with those resources.
- It could be could be positive or negative, or both simultaneously. So the land health value ties into the health of a specific ecosystem; and the ecosystem can kind of scale with different segment sizes of the world, or the world itself: A biome, maybe a node, maybe the player's freehold. And the things that a player does in those areas will contribute to health in a positive or negative way. So doing something like rotating your crops might increase the health of the land because that's considered something good to do; and maybe apprehending or removing poachers that are over hunting a certain species could be helpful to the health of the land. Maybe the mayor puts out a request for players to try and get rid of invasive species that are plants- maybe they're overgrowing weed and it's stopping other valuable plants from growing. – Kory Rice
- Artisan gear may be able to be equipped in an "undergarment" slot that can be toggled between adventuring gear and artisan gear.
- The developers are planning to have artisan gear sets available for Alpha-2.
- Gear for artisans are going to live alongside your adventuring gear. So you will currently- the approaches, and we'll test this but currently- the approach is you'll have artisanship oriented gear. This might be beneficial for your gathering; it might be beneficial for your processing, or crafting, or whatever it is- your profession. Essentially you will craft that gear, you will equip that gear, it'll live almost as a undergarment slot so to speak; and then you can activate that and it will show the appearance if you wish during the activation when you gain the benefit from the from the gear itself; and then could disappear afterwards and go back to your adventuring gear. That's the current approach. We're going to play with that a little bit. There's some discussion and disagreement on the team about how we do that, but our hopes are for Alpha two, we will have I think a couple of sets at least. We're demonstrating all of the artisanship from gathering to processing to crafting in limited fashion in Alpha 2 want to have that gear present to kind of play with this approach.
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Artisan progression unlocks higher level surveying tools that enable better identification of gatherable resources within a location.
- Higher level of progression can also speed up gathering times, resource yields, and may allow access to resources at earlier growth stages.
- A gatherer at maximum proficiency will unlock master toolsets that will grant them access to the highest quality gatherables.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
- Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are considering the introduction gathering tools that require two players, such as two-person saws that can fell larger trees.
- Your progression within the profession will take account what tools you can use. There might even be some opportunity to do some gathering with other players that you know. Typically in other games that I play you usually do the gathering alone. You're venturing around alone; and we wanted to take a look at maybe having a friend to help you with a two person saw on a larger tree. Maybe there's some panning that you could do as opposed to just hitting with the pickaxe. So, we'll have other tools that are part of that progression path and other activities that players can do if they would like to gather together. – Kory Rice
|Tool rarity||Resource tiers||Vendor price||Vendor location|
|Common||1||10g||Alpha-1 starting area|
|Uncommon||1 - 2||100g||Expedición (escenario 1) nodes|
|Rare||1 - 3||500g||Campamento (escenario 2) nodes|
|Epic||1 - 4||2000g||Aldea (escenario 3) nodes|
List of tools
- Beginners Pole
- Copper Pickaxe
- Diamond Tipped Pickaxe
- Fishing poles
- Intermediate Pole
- Iron Chopper
- Iron Pickaxe
- Soil Knife
- Steel Pickaxe
- Durante la Alpha-1 estaba disponible aproximadamente un diez porciento del sistema de artesanía.
- Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
2022-10-29 2022-10-29 2020-03-28
Guías de la comunidad
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (0:47).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (12:31).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (9:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-07-30 (1:11:58).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (10:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-04-29 (25:16).
- Pódcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-04-29 (1:13:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-08 (54:26).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Pódcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-10 (8:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-30 (10:24).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-05-27 (1:00:23).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-12-17 (1:14:42).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (14:33).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-06-30 (1:17:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (19:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-10-14 (32:38).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (25:11).
- Vídeo, 2022-10-28 (26:14).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Entrevista, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-04-30 (41:18).