Intrepid Studios was founded by Steven Sharif and John Moore, passionate gamers and successful entrepreneurs, who took their knowledge of business and passion for games and set out on a mission to make a gaming company that would build the games players want. Steven Sharif, set out to bring aboard a team of industry veterans, with a clear vision for the company’s first project. These titans of the industry hail from many backgrounds, but all share two common threads: AAA MMORPG development experience, and a passion for building the games players want.
Everyone at Intrepid is focused on building games that help bring people together. Part of what makes us who we are is that ability to connect with others, and we adhere to this design principle throughout our development process. Since the beginning, Intrepid has held to the philosophy of making games with no pay-to-win or cash grab elements – we respect our players and believe that these tactics aren’t necessary if we simply build games that players want to play. That philosophy, combined with a commitment to transparency and communication with our community, reflects the most important values that we as developers can uphold.
- Algunas características del juego estarán más pulidos que otros antes de ser presentados.
- The delicate blend between a transparent development process, but also understanding that [the] majority of your player audience will not grasp, or will not take into context, what a work in progress looks like. So certain things we have to polish to the point where they're presentable; where they can be understood- again in its own context without my verbal support or Margaret's verbal support. – Steven Sharif
- I think that we live in an age where it's easy to be transparent if you're not trying to hide something. The downside is if you're showing something that's not a completed or finished product, it is incumbent upon the viewer to understand that fact. – Steven Sharif
- El objetivo del desarrollo transparente es permitir la participación y los comentarios de la comunidad sin necesidad de comprar el acceso a las fases de prueba.
- The whole purpose of our development process being transparent being open is that you don't have to buy a package actually to participate. You can be a voice from the community. You can observe people playing. You can give your experiences and feedback. – Steven Sharif
- I don't answer to a board. I don't answer to a publisher. We answer to our players; and we try to be as transparent as possible with showing our progress; and showing it in a timely manner. – Steven Sharif
- There are obviously going to be some aspects of the development that we will not reveal, like lore and some system mechanics in order not to spoil the game for release. – Steven Sharif
- MMORPG con más financiación de Kickstarter.
- Séptimo videojuego más financiado de Kickstarter.
- MMO más esperado – Premios a lo mejor de 2017 de MMORPG.com.
- MMORPG práctico de acceso anticipado más esperado – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Mejor juego independiente.
- Gamescom 2018: Mejor juego online.
- Mejor MMO independiente de 2020 – encuesta de los lectores de massivelyop.com.
- MMO más esperado de 2021 en adelante – encuesta de los lectores de massivelyop.com.
- TTop 10 de los mejores nuevos MMORPG para 2021 en adelante – Forbes.
- Mejor estudio de MMO de 2022 – MMOGames.
- Intrepid Studios abrirá oficinas en Ámsterdam para apoyar sus operaciones de publicación en las regiones de EU (Unión Europea) y la CEI.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Las pruebas de acceso anticipado de Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale finalizaron el 10 de marzo de 2020. Anteriormente estaba disponible para su descarga en el sitio web oficial y en Steam.
- The biggest qualifier for the people that we hire at Intrepid, and probably one of the components of why I'm a very selective individual when it comes to introducing new members to the team is, are you a MMO gamer? Have you played MMOs before? Yes, you can model a creature. Yes, you can code a feature. But, do you know what it's like to be the player on the other side of the screen who's going to play the thing you're doing, and do you know what it means to play it? Have you experienced that sense of community? Do you know what the MMO genre is truly? – Steven Sharif
2023-07-08 2023-07-04 2023-03-17 2022-12-28 2022-10-30 2022-09-07 2022-07-08 2022-07-04 2022-05-15 2022-04-17 2022-01-01 2021-12-25 2021-10-22 2021-04-03 2021-02-14 2020-10-01 2020-09-16 2020-07-04 2020-06-28 2020-05-01 2020-03-19 2019-09-11 2018-04-28 2017-11-10 2017-10-22
- Twitter - Ugly sweaters.
- Twitter - #IntrepidLife.
- Intrepid Studios - Official website.
- Vídeo, 2022-12-23 (0:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 2017-06-7.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-04-29 (21:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-12-23 (1:23:41).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (3:43:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-05-04 (39:41).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- MassivelyOP 2020 awards reader's poll.
- MassivelyOP reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond
- Twitter - MMOGames.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-21 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Pódcast, 2023-07-15 (46:11).