- It is possible for some storylines to relate to a darker/evil path, if a character should choose.
We're keeping lore very close to the chest and the reason for that is because it is very rich. It is diverse. It will have applications outside of just the MMORPG. We intend to take it much further, but I want it to be something that the players get to reveal themselves, that's not just handed to them and then the experience is lost. They should feel when they're experiencing this that it relates to them on a personal level. – Steven Sharif
It is about mythology and discovering what truths mythologies are talking about and finding out what really happened on this world so long ago; and that's part of that discovery process; and we want people to feel that throughout the game, not just in terms of lore but in terms of the world itself. – Jeffrey Bard
- 1 Origin
- 1.1 Pantheon of gods
- 1.2 Religion
- 1.3 Razas
- 1.4 Toren empire
- 1.5 Ancient artifacts (Relics)
- 2 The fall
- 3 The return
- 4 Player driven narrative
- 5 Universities
- 6 Scribes
- 7 World history
- 8 Rol
- 9 Respawn lore
- 10 Lore videos
- 11 See also
- 12 Referencias
The story of creation tells us of a race of beings known as The Ancients. Created in the likeness of what was once The Ten. The Ten imbued all of their qualities into one race to have stewardship over all of creation. The power of the Ancients grew and a rift divided the Ten in how to accommodate their new creation. Three of the Ten separated from the others and began to teach the Ancients the Secrets of the Essence. When the Seven learned of this, a great celestial battle ensued. Eons passed and you watched as the fight continued within the celestial kingdom. Some say it was the fight that created the stars and heaven we see today. With every blow between the Ten a star was born. When the battle was complete, the others and the Ancients were banished by the Seven into the Void. The Seven found the error of their ways and decided to split their qualities into four races instead of one; and this is how the Humans, Elves, Orcs and Dwarves came to be. You watch as the Seven created Verra and placed each of the races within their respective locations. As the story came to an end, a dark figure at a distance grew closer to you. Until all you could see was the darkness. And you wake up in a sweat after a nightmare. – Steven Sharif
The essence is a stream that exists across all planes of existence, but it exists at different levels of strength essentially at different levels that can be utilized; and the void is the furthest... There is a very minute amount of essence that can be found within the void. However the planes of existence that are in Ashes of Creation- they are connected across bridges created by the essence. So these ley-lines in a sense that exist within the different planes provide conduits of access and on Verra, which was a planet that was made after the ancient- the celestial battle. – Steven Sharif
The Essence is a metaphysical energy or life-force (Chi) that can be manipulated to create what could be viewed as magic. There are different planes of existence (realms) with varying degrees of strength (of magic), determined by their proximity to the Essence. The planes of existence in Ashes of Creation are connected across bridges created by the Essence.
- The Gods exist on the plane of the gods, which is the most connected to the Essence.
- The material plane is not the highest in terms of proximity to the Essence. Verra exists in the material plane.
- The Void is the plane that is the furthest from being connected to the Essence. Only a minute amount of essence can be found within the Void.
- There hasn't been a definitive understanding of how many planes of existence there are.
Souls acting as conduits is a very integral component of some broader features in the storyline. If you think about souls being a conduit for Essence and you think of the gods as masters of the Essence: If you think of the Essence being separate from the Gods- let's say they're parallel to eachother- one didn't create the other, but they coexist in this almost symbiotic form with one another; almost to the point where their manipulation of the Essence is perfection: They can perfectly manipulate it and lesser beings; and I say 'lesser' in a sense of their alignment or closeness to Essence. They're still perfecting that manipulation and some never achieve perfection almost to the degree of ascendency or enlightenment- Essence being that sort of Chi that exists. In that regard, when a perfect being such as the gods- and I'm not saying 'perfect' as the correlation between sin and not sin, I'm thinking perfect in the sense of how you can control and manipulate the Essence: That control is perfection for them. – Steven Sharif
When you think about souls being a conduit, what are conduits used for? Conduits are passages; they're methods by which Essence can travel between realms, between planes. And there hasn't been any definitive understanding of just how many planes exist. We understand that there is a disparity between the planes when it comes to their connection to the Essence, and because Essence is so powerful; and it flows through these planes almost like a river. You can think that conduits help to maintain that flow and/or even exaggerate the flow; and there might be something at play, that I don't wanna touch necessarily, as to why one would want to create these types of conduits, these souls, this creation on the material plane: Something of significance. – Steven Sharif
Souls are the conduits for the Essence to travel between the different planes of existence. This idea is an integral component of the broader features in the storyline.
- The gods are masters of the Essence, but they are separate from it. One didn't create the other, but they exist together in a symbiotic form; where the gods have achieved an almost perfect manipulation of the Essence and of "lesser beings" who exist further from the Essence.
- The Essence is so powerful it flows through the planes almost like a river. Soul conduits help to maintain or even exaggerate this flow. Detail surrounding this has not yet been revealed but is said to have some significance in the story.
- King Atrax was the first ruler of Verra to discover the purpose of The Essence, allowing the manipulation of matter and exploitation of magic for any means.
- The Tulnar have souls and these souls act as conduits for the Essence.
- Shape-shifting (changeling) is done so through the Essence by focusing on that specific type of magic.
- Any form of changeling or shape shifting that's capable is done so through the Essence. There’s a few ways that a soul can become attuned to a specific type of magic in manipulating the Essence; and overtime as you manipulate the Essence in the same way, your soul can start to develop a tendency to gravitate towards that type of magic. So in that sense- those shape shifters and/or changelings that are capable of changing their form- they do so because they have mastered to a degree that type of magic; and their souls have become attuned to that type of magic. – Steven Sharif
- The Ancients themselves are more sedentary in their physical form and less capable of instantaneous shapeshifting. Their physical manifestations as Lieutenants, captains, generals, and raid bosses were honed over time due to their perversion of the Essence through corruption.
- They are literally bred into a role and that role has perfected over time because through the delineation of specific subsects of the soul of the conduit that this race has, those different castes become attuned to different roles. That's why they are traditionally in a caste society. – Steven Sharif
Pantheon of gods
The ten deities within Ashes of Creation formed a pantheon of gods that existed in a realm outside of the material plane. There was a celestial struggle among the gods that fractured them into good and evil. Some gods influence the corrupt side of beings that exist in the Universe. It is possible through questing and player decision to join or worship those gods.
- The Others are three of the ten gods who embraced teaching all facets of The Essence (both good and evil) to The Ancients, and elevating them to the plane of the gods.
- The Seven gods' opposition to the Others resulted in a great celestial battle. The Seven were able to defeat the Others, banishing them and the Ancients to The Void. They went on to create four divine races and split their qualities between them.
- The Gods are capable of reaching into the material plane through the souls of their divine beings. In the case of The Seven these are the four great races and their descendants.
There were these pantheon of gods that existed in a realm outside of the material plane that Verra exists in and they were really beings of what's called The essence. The essence is essentially this almost metaphysical energy or life-force that can be manipulated to create magic and/or what we would we would view as magic; and different planes have different degrees of strength when it comes to their proximity to the essence. The material plane is not the highest on that on that scale of being close to to the essence; and the gods exist on a plane that is the most connected to the essence. – Steven Sharif
- Goddess of Love.
- Goddess of Creation.
- The Phoenix is the celestial avatar of the Goddess of Creation.
- Goddess of Fate (Norlan).
- God of Hope (Resna).
- God of Truth (Shol).
- The sphere of influence of the three "Other" gods has not yet been revealed.
- The Ancients learned from The Others how to use The Essence to achieve immortality. This was a pure form of immortality, more akin to the godhood that exists among the Pantheon. This immortality prohibited them from encompassing undeath in the manner of King Atrax.
- The Ancients were imbued with all of the traits of the Gods, whereas the four parent races of Verra had those attributes spread amongst them.
- King Atrax unwittingly alerted the Ancients to the location of Verra in his efforts to discover and exploit The Essence.
- The Ancients arrived at Verra through the Harbingers, which are comet-like celestial bodies powered by a very strong source of magic that essentially acts as a bridge between The Void and the Material plane where Verra exists.
You're going to see lieutenants, captains, generals, and raid bosses and they're all going to take different forms because their whole perversion of Essence through the corruption is to take creation on the material realm, that the Pantheon of good Gods did, and twist and bend it to the corruption that exists within the Essence, because they view that as a more powerful form, a more raw and arcane form of what magic is meant to be used for. There's no point in these false constructs of morality when utilizing and harnessing the power that comes from the Essence. That is a social construct that was created by inferior gods, according to the Others; and it limits the ability of their creation to really capitalize on what the Essence is to be used for in its pure, innate nature. – Steven Sharif
- The Ancients' race exists in a cast-oriented system because the Essence has a profound effect biologically, physically, and visually on the appearance of the creatures that are manipulating it and are corrupted by it.
- Grunts are the peons or soldiers on the front lines who are specifically geared toward combat, or magic utilization, or specific environments or climates.
- Lieutenants have wing structures and more asymmetrical appearances.
- Captains and generals are also ranks in the caste system.
- Large raid bosses and/or world bosses are monolithic in their appearance and unlike what standard creatures look like. These are huge, imposing creatures.
The gods... wanted to represent their qualities, their characteristics, their attributes within creation with the creation of something, so they started with a race that are now known as The Ancients; and they imbued them with all of their qualities. Essentially now that that turned out to be a mistake because with those types of qualities all in one species there was a a pride that happened- a desire to become more; and that led a little bit of conflict between the Ancients; and actually there was a partition created between some of the the gods within the pantheon that embraced the idea of introducing the Ancients as part of essentially their plane of existence and teaching them the ways of the Essence, in all of its facets: not just what can be used for good, but also what could be used for evil as well. And three of the gods kind of split off and went against the quorum that was established about not interfering with the Ancients after they started this down this road of learning more of the essence and how to manipulate it; and these three gods are known as The Others. So the others really kind of embraced teaching the Ancients knowledge of the essence that they had learned through their eternal existence; and this caused a celestial battle to occur; and the pantheon of the Seven were able to defeat the others; and they banished the Ancients and the Others from the material plane and from the plane of the gods to the void which is the furthest from being connected to the essence. – Steven Sharif
- Religion is intended to be a motivator, not an aesthetic.
- Choosing a religion enables players to walk a light or a dark path through their choice of questlines and other actions.
Sometimes games in the past have tried to shy away from heavy emphasis on religion because of the parallels that can occur between what is in the real world and this fantasy realm. I don't really subscribe to that theory. I think that religion plays a very significant role in the story of what Ashes of Creation is about and it is very much this almost monolithic idea of good vs. evil; so that is really at the crux of what the overarching narrative will be in the game; and I'm not trying to pigeonhole players into "everyone has to be good", like I said earlier there will be opportunities for players to deviate from that, should they so choose to roleplay in that regard. – Steven Sharif
The progression of the Tulnar- while they are still the staples of what were once the primary deities of the good pantheon remained for the Tulnar, over the time they existed and evolved into the society that they are at the return to Verra. It's much more similar... to the way the Creole religions advanced, with using components of Christianity as well as Voodoo and other smaller, more "paganesque" religions; and incorporated them into one. To that degree, you can correlate the way that society around the Tulnar has this almost combination of what were pagan beliefs from the minor races as well as the introductions of the major beliefs and religions from the major races, because they all came together in the Underrealm and survived in that regard. So you’re gonna see naturally a combination of those two things. – Steven Sharif
Orders of the Seven
- The Order of hope is an Aelan human order based in the capital city of Aela. The patron deity is Resna.
- The Order of fate is a Kaivek orc order headquartered in the capital city of Ren. Patron deity is Norlan.
- The Order of truth is a Pyrian elven order headquartered in the capital city of Amera. Patron deity is Shol.
Within the temples of the seven there exist different levels of organizations that call on only the most devout followers to serve. Depending on the follower's skills, services could mean many things. For those among the followers who hold a certain set of skills, there are the orders of the seven. Each of the orders answers to a different hierarchy within the various grand temples of the seven that are found throughout Verra. – Steven Sharif
- Even though these orders are from different temples and religions of the primary gods, their goal was to work together to subvert the aspirations of The Others and The Ancients and those who seek to pervert The Essence through the means of Corruption.
- There are key individuals within the Lightpact and within the religions that have a longer objective that ties into the overarching metanarrative, in terms of the reason for the return to Verra.
Even though they have different focuses and reasons why their followers worship specific gods, at the end of the day, they're all a Pantheon of good. So there's a reason for them to work together to subvert the goals and/or aspirations of the Others and the Ancients. And those who seek to pervert what the Essence is capable of through the means of Corruption. – Steven Sharif
Verra es un mundo lleno de ricas y diversas culturas, y durante parte importante de su historia ha sido dominada por las grandes razas: Humanos en la costa y las planicies, Orcos en las colinas y los pantanos, Elfos en los bosques y las tierras de los ríos, y los estimados Enanos en las montañas. Las grandes razas han mantenido su dominio durante incontables guerras y escaramuzas contra las razas menores de Verra. A veces pueden pasar décadas entre estos estallidos de violencia. Hay otras razas menores en Verra. Algunas de estas razas existen en aldeas improvisadas o tribus. Algunas de las aldeas más grandes entre las razas menores están compuestas principalmente por Gigantes, grupos humanos menos respetables, Gnomos y Medianos. Los Medianos no son Medianos en el sentido tradicional de la palabra, sino más bien cruzas de sangre entre otras razas. – Steven Sharif
Vagando por algunos de los lugares más oscuros del mundo, viven siniestras abominaciones de la creación. Muchas veces, las grandes iglesias de la civilización envían héroes del estado para eliminar a estas mortales amenazas. Actualmente, existen cuatro grandes naciones en Verra. Esto es aproximadamente 25 años antes de la caída: el Imperio Aelano, el Reino Pyrian, el Protectorado Kaivek y la nación de los Dünzenkell. Pero no siempre fueron sólo cuatro grandes naciones. Hace mucho tiempo, las razas estaban divididas en muchas más naciones y ciudades-estado. – Steven Sharif
En los 7,000 años de historia escrita, se ha luchado guerra tras guerra. Algunas por tierra, otras por recursos y muchas por creencias. Reyes y casas reales de alzaban y caían con los años. Algunas fueron privadas de sus señoríos hace mucho. Existen muchas ciudades-estado en Verra. Algunas son bastiones autogobernados de repúblicas y democracias. Otras son estados vasallos al servicio de sus benefactores. – Steven Sharif
El imperio Aelano es el sucesor más reciente de la que una vez fue la gran casa de Lyneth. Por más de mil años, la casa de Lyneth gobernó sobre los Aela y su reinado fue una época dorada. Fue a finales del [último siglo antes de la caída], durante la Gran Guerra de los Eternos, que la casa finalmente cayó. Al no contar con un heredero adecuado para el trono de Lyneth, el país se hundió en el caos. Y lo que se alzó es la frágil república que vemos hoy. El imperio es supervisado por un Emperador elegido a través del Consejo de Cinco: Los cinco que gobiernan las más grandes ciudades del Imperio. El imperio Aelano es por lejos la nación más grande de Verra, con más de ocho millones de almas entre sus habitantes, lo que también la convierte en la más poblada. Poseen fronteras con todas las demás naciones; y con su interés por expandirse en los mares, son capaces de desplegar sus temibles ejércitos en cualquier costa. El Imperio usa este miedo para intimidar muchas ciudades-estado, doblegándolos a su voluntad. Aquellos que rechazan la voluntad del imperio suelen encontrarse muy pronto al filo de la espada. – Steven Sharif
Cientos de años antes de que apareciera el primer Heraldo en el cielo de Verran, bajo el gobierno del rey Fentis Lyneth VIII, vivía un gran explorador de Aelan llamado Doren Greyshore. Doren navegó los primeros barcos a las costas de Eranthia, donde estableció uno de los gremios más ricos que los 10 mares hayan visto: The Greyshore Company. Su lema, hasta el día de hoy, sigue siendo válido: "Las velas de la diplomacia son impulsadas por los vientos del comercio, dentro de los mares de las oportunidades."
Cuenta la leyenda que en la profundidad de las montañas de Verra yace una forja creada por los dioses, de la cual se originan todos los Enanos. Legendarios por ser la primera de las grandes razas en ser creada, se dice que los Enanos llegaron a los continentes en barcos hechos de piedra y acero. Los herreros y artesanos enanos pueden encontrarse por todo Verra. El centro de su raza es la nación de Dünzenkell, ubicada en lo profundo de las montañas del norte. La sociedad enana tiende a ser fuertemente matriarcal y sus clanes suelen existir bajo el liderazgo de la matriarca más anciana. Los enanos están fuertemente conectados los unos a los otros mediante alianzas hechas entre clanes familiares. Los niños enanos son marcados a una edad muy temprana con el símbolo de su clan. Algunos enanos exiliados de Dünzenkell o que han elegido ir por su propio camino, suelen tener el símbolo de su clan quemado de su piel. – Steven Sharif
La nación de Dünzenkell, ubicada en lo profundo de las montañas de Verra, es la nación más vieja del mundo. Los Dünzenkell han sido conocidos con muchos nombres durante las eras, pero solo un nombre ha igualado la altura de las más grandes montañas, donde su capital se ha alzado desde el inicio de la historia escrita: Dün. Los Enanos de Dünzenkell gobiernan a través de un consejo de clanes. Una familia real es elegida para gobernar cada 200 años a través de este consejo. Actualmente, el derecho de gobernar recae en los hombros del Rey Grimlay. Han pasado casi 400 años desde que un rey lideró a los Dünzenkell. Tradicionalmente, este rol recaía sobre las matriarcas de la familia. Expediciones se envían de forma seguida desde Dün al Underrealm; muchos creen que allí yace el origen de los secretos de los enanos y su éxito para dominar las artesanías. En lo profundo de Verra yace magia desconocida y su fuente la conocen sólo unos pocos, sin embargo, Dünzenkell lleva mucho tiempo beneficiándose de esta, alimentando la expansión de los reinos enanos a través de las montañas del norte. – Steven Sharif
Durante la gran calamidad que sufrió Verra, los habitantes de Dünheim eligieron permanecer en su torreón en las montañas. Esto no les funcionó bien. A raíz de la destrucción muchos artefactos y tesoros quedaron atrás.
I was a child when they first appeared in the night’s sky. At first there were three distinct lights. Not quite the brightest in the sky, but they were bright enough. My mother told me that they were a sign from the Gods, that the world was about to change. She had a sense for these types of things. A long line of women in my mother’s family were Oracles. Written on one of the many tablets in the Great Halls of King Grimlaey, is the story of my Great-Grandmother, the Royal Court’s Regent Oracle, and how she foretold the rise of the Undying during the Great War.
As the days grew to months, and months into years, the lights in the night’s sky grew in number. The priests in the temples began to refer to the lights as Harbingers. Upon my graduation from the Master Stonecutters University, the lights numbered 16. Each passing month, the lights grew in brightness and size.
It didn’t take long for things to change in Dünheim. Families that I had grown up with, began to move away from the city in the heart of the Mountain. Travelers became less common, and temple services were filled every day with new converts seeking answers about the Harbingers and what they meant. My mother wanted to leave the city as well, but my father wouldn’t hear it. His auction house is what kept food on the table, and my brothers were both in the Council Guard. There was no way my father was going to be seen leaving the mountain. Honor and respect meant more than life itself, and my father had great pride in my brothers. Despite my mother’s persistence to leave the city, we stayed.
Los Kaivek siempre se han apegado a un estricto código de lealtad tribal... Aproximadamente trece siglos [antes de la caída], un líder de nombre Ran'Kal unió a los clanes, formando una nación llamada el Protectorado Kaivek. Kal enseñó que todos los orcos responden a la protección del orden divino. Esta enseñanza se manifestó en la creencia de que era la voluntad de los dioses que toda la raza orca fuese superior las demás naciones de Verra. Se pensaba que sólo a través de la unión de los clanes, la gente de Verra sería guiada hacia la iluminación. Y fueron las enseñanzas de Kal las que impulsaron a los Kaivek a perseguir campañas de conquista a través de toda Verra. Los orcos, un pueblo nómade y dividido antes de Kal, lograron volverse una nación poderosa mediante su liderazgo y la conquista. En la ciudad capital de Ren podían encontrarse tesoros de cada ciudad conquistada. [Justo antes de la caída], el Protectorado Kaivek había adoptado una política de coexistencia junto a sus vecinos. Habiendo soportado siglos de conflicto, se alzaron líderes haciendo eco de enseñanzas de paz. Las reformas recientes han comenzado a causar fracturas internas en el Protectorado. La inquietud de algunos clanes ha llamado a sacrificar a aquellos indignos de la protección del orden divino. – Steven Sharif
Por más de 4,000 años, la casa real Pyriana de Eradal ha sobrevivido y su reino ha sido testigo de muchas guerras. Sus fronteras abarcan todo el gran bosque de Eranthia. La ciudad capital de Amera se encuentra entre las ciudades más antiguas y hermosas del mundo. Sus familias reales pueden rastrear su linaje incluso hasta los días de los Fuegos Oscuros. Las universidades pyrianas de magia y estudios marciales no tienen rival. Muchos ciudadanos del reino se aventuran en las tierras de Verra, deseando esparcir su conocimiento de las artes y las ciencias con los otros Verranos. Estas empresas suelen ser subsidiadas por las casas reales de Pyria, con la esperanza de mejorar la relación con sus vecinos humanos. Una vez un gran aliado de Aela y la casa de Lyneth, el Reino Pyrian y el Imperio Aeleano acabaron con una de las guerras más sangrientas en la historia de Verra. Ahora, más de ochenta años han pasado desde el último derramamiento de sangre; y pese a que las tensiones entre los ciudadanos de ambas naciones se han relajado, aún hay mucha desconfianza entre los nuevos gobernantes del Imperio y la familia real de Pyria. – Steven Sharif
La raza élfica existe principalmente dentro del Reino Pyriano y suele ser muy reservada. Principalmente una sociedad patriarcal, los elfos tienden a mantenerse dentro de las fronteras naturales de sus bosques. Fue sólo durante los últimos mil años que las Tierras de los Ríos comenzaron a recibir colonias élficas. Académicos, dignatarios y pioneros suelen encontrarse en muchas ciudades humanas, aunque rara vez son vistos fuera los distintos sitios arqueológicos, académicos y diplomáticos. También hay rumores de que en los círculos más oscuros de Verra, existe un linaje particular de elfos con presencia en el Subreino. – Steven Sharif
The ancient capital city of Torall... was the center of one of the greatest and first civilizations of Verra. This was actually a very rare civilization known as the Toren empire. The Torens were essentially half elves. They were a mixture of what was once the predecessor to the Aelan kingdom- the humans, and the Pyrian elves. – Steven Sharif
- The Torens were half-elves: A mixture of what was once the predecessor to the Aelan kingdom- the humans, and the Pyrian elves.
- King Atrax was the last and longest serving ruler of the Toren empire.
The last ruling house of the Toren empire, which oversaw its downfall was the house of Atrax. King Atrax was actually its longest ruler, also its last ruler, and he was a very powerful and advanced wizard for his time. He dedicated the vast majority of his early rule to seeking out artifacts, knowledge, the focal points of essence; and he discovered its purpose as it becomes kind of the manipulating matter behind exploiting magic for any means. He became obsessed with the pursuit of that knowledge as a very accomplished wizard and one of the ways he pursued that ever-longing learning was to try and achieve immortality; and in his pursuit of immortality he discovered that manipulating the life-force of a soul essentially is to greater increase your ability to focus the essence, because each person's soul acts as, in some way shape or form, a conduit of the essence across the plains. So that's essentially how the gods are capable of reaching into the material plane- one of the ways- is through the souls of their divine beings, which are the four great races and their descendants. In his pursuit of immortality he came across some more dark applications of the essence and in doing so- discovering these artifacts along the ley lines that are in Verra- he came into contact with forces that existed outside of the material plane in the void itself. Now these were unbeknownst to him The Ancients as well The Others and manipulating that kind of contact. – Steven Sharif
King Atrax began to manipulate the essence in a way that was trying to capitalize on everlasting life, on immortality. So in doing so he came into contact with the ancients; and the Ancients took advantage of this- was their first contact with any of the divine races actually- and this is what led the Ancients to begin their pursuit of Verra: to start that process of the Harbingers eventually finding Verra and coming to the planet to pervert what the gods- the seven gods- had created through their second creation. Now the Ancients kind of created this contact with Atrax through summoning rituals that Atrax had learned through manipulating the essence; and it was through these contact rituals that Atrax learned how to achieve immortality. But the Ancients were deceptive in actually not informing Atrax how this would deform his conduit, his soul essentially that exists with the Essence. So he underwent a process of essentially lichdom where he was the first lich and the first undead on Verra; and it was from him and his pursuit of immortality that undeath became a reality on Verra; and it was his subjects that suffered as a result of his desire to become immortal. So he began different rituals on his subjects, which allowed the undeath to propagate across the world in his population over time. So he would- before he became a lich he experimented on his citizens; and that's what really was the origin of the undead and this undead the Ancients- one of the unique things about the Ancients was in their first discovery of how they could use the Essence and what the Others taught them was they became immortal themselves. But they became immortal in a more pure form, essentially kind of akin to the godhood that exists among the Pantheon; and that kind of prohibited them from encompassing this undeath component. But they did not teach that to King Atrax. So that kind of talks a little bit about the origins of the undeath on Verra and undeath in general. – Steven Sharif
- King Atrax was a powerful and advanced wizard for his time who dedicated the majority of his rule to seeking out artifacts, knowledge, the focal points of The Essence. He discovered its purpose, manipulating matter and exploiting magic for any means.
- His goal was to achieve immortality; and in this pursuit he discovered that manipulating the life-force of a soul essentially increases one's ability to focus the Essence, as each person's soul acts as a conduit of the essence across the planes of existence.
- In his pursuit of immortality he came across other dark applications of the Essence and in doing so he came into contact with forces that existed outside of the material plane: in The Void itself. Unbeknownst to him these were The Ancients and The Others who began manipulating that contact through summoning rituals that Atrax had learned in his studies of the Essence.
- Through his summoning rituals Atrax finally learned how to achieve immortality. But the Ancients were deceptive in actually not informing him how this would deform his conduit (his soul) that exists with the Essence. Atrax eventually underwent a process of becoming first Lich and first undead on Verra.
- It was from this pursuit of immortality that undeath became a reality on Verra: Atrax had begun different rituals on his subjects, which allowed the undeath to propagate across the world, causing suffering amongst his subjects.
- The Ancients had previously learned from The Others how to use the Essence to achieve immortality themselves. Unlike Atrax, they became immortal in a pure form, more akin to the godhood that exists among the Pantheon, which prohibited them from encompassing this undeath component themselves. This pure form of immortality was not taught to King Atrax.
- After his lichdom was achieved Atrax continued to enslave his undead subjects, having them procure ancient artifacts from around the world so that he could further pursue his manipulation of the Essence and magic.
The ancient civilization of the Torren empire and their capital city of Torall, which houses one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation; which is the Fallow's Hold. Fallow's Hold is essentially where many of the artifacts that had a close alignment to the Essence on Verra because of their proximity to these ley lines and these kind of sites that exist throughout the world: They were all brought here to King Atrax even after his lichdom was achieved, because he continued to enslave his subjects, the undead essentially, to procure these artifacts from around the world so that he can continue even in his immortality to learn about the use of Essence and magic and manipulation of it; and he constructed a great vault here through his affiliation with the master builders essentially of the Dünzenkell dwarves to create a massive complex underground from the city of the capital of Torall. Now Fallows hold is a very dangerous dungeon and there are constantly changing traps that exist. – Steven Sharif
- Fallow's Hold was commissioned by King Atrax and built by the master builders of the Dünzenkell dwarves with whom he was affiliated.
- Fallow's Hold was originally built as a great vault to house powerful ancient artifacts that were procured from around the world by Atrax's undead slaves so that he can could further pursue his manipulation of The Essence and magic.
- Fallow's hold is a very dangerous dungeon with many constantly changing traps.
Ancient artifacts (Relics)
- Relics include the four ancient artifacts of Verra that were originally discovered by King Atrax in his pursuit of the power of The Essence. These artifacts were in close alignment to the Essence on Verra due to their proximity to the ley lines of Essence spread across the world. These artifacts were originally housed in the vault of Fallow's Hold, which is one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation, located near the capital city of the ancient Toren empire, Torall.
- The Golden Chalice was believed to bring everlasting life but was actually allowing the corruption of manipulating The Essence to enter the soul through the physical representation of drinking something.
- The Crown represented a direct link The Ancients had into the thought process of King Atrax that the Ancients were able to manipulate.
- The Sword brought unusual power through manipulation of the evil side of the Essence, which is how Atrax maintained his dominance over his people: through physical might, essentially striking down any foe that opposed him among his administration.
- The Staff enabled Atrax to project his magic across great distances, which enabled him to extend his power and manipulation throughout the lands of Verra and allowed him to maintain vigilance over his realm.
- Relics are placed in a node's reliquary.
- Limited access to the relics stored in a node's reliquary are granted to registered attackers after successfully destroying that node in a node siege.
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity (also called the Fall, the Apocalypse, and the Exodus), brought about by the primary antagonists of the world: The Ancients and The Others.
- The apocalypse began with comet-like celestial bodies called Harbingers arriving on Verra. The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and started conquering the planet.
- Their desire was to pervert the creation of the gods (the Seven) as an affront to their endeavors; and in doing so they created monstrosities by manipulating nature with corruption, which is the negative aspect of The Essence.
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpinned the lore behind the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale mode.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
- The Ancients and The Others used the Harbingers to travel to Verra, thus beginning the Apocalypse.
- The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and began conquering Verra.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where the Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
The worst thing that the Harbingers brought was not the Others, but the corruption that they spread. It twists and distorts everything it touches. It whispers in the ears of men, and guides their hands toward terrible ends. There does not seem a means to stop it - our prayers do nothing, our spells are ineffectual. The awful truth is that the Others could simply watch as we burned Verra to ash ourselves.
- The Goddess of Creation created the planet Sanctus along with the Divine gateways to allow the descendants of Verra to escape their destruction at the hands of the The Others and The Ancients.
- Very little will be revealed about the Sanctus story arc prior to the betas.
A long long long time ago, everybody lived on a planet called Verra. Something cataclysmic happened that forced people from that world to another world called Sanctus. Verra is a place of really high magic. Sanctus is a place with no magic whatsoever. People escaped through these portals into the world of Sanctus. They had to rediscover technology, because so much of their current technology was based on magic, so they had to figure out how to interact with the world. Thousands and thousands of years go by. A long dark age passes. This history that I just told you falls into myth and legend. After this time passes, these portals reopen and the players are going to take the part of people who are coming through those portals once again back to the world of Verra to rediscover that magic, rediscover their history, and try to figure out what happened to this world to force them out of it. – Jeffrey Bard
The Verdant Keeper
The Verdant Keeper... are a sect of people that keep track of all the things that are necessary to have successful crops and to grow things and to make sure that the cultivation of these things allows a society or civilization to keep growing. So in the transition from Verra to Sanctus these people had to kind of relearn how to grow things without magic. There were druid like people before and now we kind of have to go to this place where there's no magic to support those things. So they spend their time learning about the world and learning about it in sort of a scientific way and keeping track of all of these seasons of the different years, of the decades, of the centuries that go by to sort of create a map for themselves and for the civilizations that they support: Kind of a means to be successful in growing crops and keeping people healthy and happy. – Jeffrey Bard
As the months come and go, and the hand of winter looms over the land, various farmers of Verra take time to celebrate the fortune granted to them by the Verdant Keeper. Hearths are stoked, candles are lit, and fragrant delicacies are prepared. A massive celebration of food and drink takes place, marking the culmination of their hard work and preparation for the harsh, cold months to come. Should the celebrations go well, they say the Keeper will bless the next spring with a brand new harvest, ready to be plucked.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse lore
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpins the battle royale mode.
- Certain citizens are fighting for control over Castles that they believe to be last bastions of defense against the forces of corruption. This underpins the castle siege mode.
- The last stand against the forces of corruption takes place in the horde mode.
Initially you're playing the Battle Royale you're a part of the last group of survivors to try to leave Verra. And as you're leaving you get cut off. The slipstream ends and you start falling back to the planet. Now the activities that occur and the fighting amongst yourselves is a result of the influence of corruption: Corrupting your soul basically; and as we move into the Castle Siege mode that's where you see the survivors now trying to seek refuge in some of the last defendable bastions of of society. So you're kind of fighting over those for your families and your friends to get into that keep to try to ride out the storm so to say; and that's what the Castle Siege is predicated on. Then moving into the Hordes is this is now the final showdown. How long can you last? And that's kind of the narrative behind Apocalypse as a whole. – Steven Sharif
- Chapter 1 is called The Exodus. It takes part in the initial stages of the fall and sets the scene for upcoming chapters.
What happened before you came back? What did your ancestors have to go through? What did these civilizations have to endure? ... You get to experience the world of Ashes of Creation. You get to take a peek under the hood of the art assets and the style that that art will be when you play the game; and at the same time while you're doing all of that and we're hitting the servers with as many people as possible, we are continuing production and implementing new art; and we are updating those those chapters of this story; and that's what each season so speak is called for us is a chapter. In fact the first chapter of Apocalypse will be titled the Exodus. So chapter one is the Exodus and players will have an opportunity to earn unique rewards in each chapter. So that chapter's period of time is roughly ten weeks- between eight and twelve. We'll see how those go, but right now it's set for ten weeks; and every ten weeks you're going to see an introduction of new content. – Steven Sharif
- Los Tulnar son una combinación de las cuatro grandes razas y muchas de las razas menores que se quedaron en Verra después del apocalipsis.
- Anteriormente se había mencionado que eran tres razas diferentes.
- Tulnar significa "los olvidados".
- Los Tulnar no están limitados al Subreino (no hay facciones).
- Los Tulnar comen muchas cosas!
- Los Tulnar no son resultado de la corrupción.
¿Fue la creación de los Tulnar un efecto de la corrupción o es sólo el resultado de la cruza entre múltiples razas mayores y menores que sobrevivieron en el Subreino después del apocalipsis? Ellos no son el resultado de la corrupción, por lo que no se tomó en cuenta ese factor durante su creación. – Steven Sharif
The Subreino is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
- The Underrealm is estimated to be 100 km2 in area.
- The underrealm is not contiguous across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
We've also talked about node states affecting what openings are open and what things are closed. So not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. So that configuration can shift and different routes will open up and be more advantageous than other routes. – Jeffrey Bard
The world in Ashes lay devoid of civilization for centuries. Until now. What was once buried has risen again. The gateways have opened, reigniting the link to the ancient world in each of the four once great capital cities of the ancient world.
Vast expeditions were sent through the gateways to discover this beautiful and perilous magical realm.
Players arrive in Verra to explore, rebuild and repopulate their place of origin. Ancient treasures and wondrous adventures await those who dare to disturb the dark remnants of evil that inhabit this land.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads. There are events that lead to the spreading of corruption that players will have to fight back against. When these events that occur players will need to participate to keep the intrusion on the material plane back.
From now on, the choices of these adventurers will influence how the story unfolds.
I heard a lot of people asking was you know from a technological standpoint where do the people returning stand in relation to what their civilization was before the fall and I think that in some regards they haven't quite even attained what their people were able to achieve before the exodus. – Steven Sharif
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ashes of Creation.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
- The divine gateways were created by the Goddess of Creation in response to a warning from the Goddess of Fate that The Ancients and The Others would return from exile and seek retribution for their defeat at the hands of The Seven gods.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
- The Sladeborne were first revealed as a mob in Alpha-0.
- When the Apocalypse occurred, the sentient avian races didn't think to go into the Subreino. Their first inclination was to take to the sky. The Sladeborne race is indicative of what happened to those who chose not to take refuge in the Underrealm.
There are bastions that existed of the avian-like races in AoC on Verra before the Apocalypse and before the remaining major and minor races fled to the Underrealm, that held out for a period of time. But there's specific reason why in A0 one of the first races you experienced as monsters or NPCs was an almost humanesque avian bird race. This particular race is I think indicative to what happened to those races because they chose not to go to the Underrealm and there are specific war reasons as to the leaders of those minor races that chose not to do so, which will be revealed in future stories and questlines. – Steven Sharif
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but Nodos will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
- The ability to retry a failed quest depends on Node progression.
- Misiones involving citizens from multiple nodes are unlocked based on the alliances and other relationships between the nodes and their progression.
There will be many different quests that actually have stages of the storyline; and these stages can actually be failed. You can actually fail a storyline; which sucks when you think about it, but at the same time that risk makes your investment that much more important. – Steven Sharif
- Personal quest lines.
- Cultural quest lines.
- Regional quest lines.
All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Jeffrey Bard
Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Mayors require certain resources.
- Buildings are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
Es posible que hayan distintas versiones de la misión que existe para razas específicas; e incluso si se comparte una misión para eliminar un jefe, si tú eres humano y yo soy un elfo, yo podría tener un arco de misión que me lleva en una dirección distinta del tuyo, aunque hayamos tomado la misma misión. Y dependiendo de quién sea el principal contribuyente cultural del nodo, se abrirán nuevos arcos para las culturas que compartan raza con estos contribuyentes. No es que queramos bloquear contenido, sino que queremos darle más sabor a las misiones para que no sean todas iguales. – Steven Sharif
La raza importa porque las distintas narrativas del juego se ven influenciadas por la cultura de los principales contribuyentes de un nodo... Si eres un Niküa y te encuentras en un nodo predominantemente Niküa, tendrás acceso a ciertos servicios o habilidades que los miembros de las otras razas no. Ellos podrían tener misiones alternativas, pero no específicas para su raza. Las misiones específicas de los Niküa estarán relacionadas a la meta-narrativa presente en el mundo y ellos podrán dirigir parte de esa narrativa. Esto será beneficioso para su raza, porque podrán desbloquear cierto contenido al cual las demás razas no tendrán acceso aún. Así que hay un fuerte incentivo de progresión por esa línea. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
At the City stage, the Scientific node’s unique building becomes the University. In addition to the abilities that the Library and College offer, the University adds even more services, including (but not limited to):
- Component identification for legendary item deconstruction.
- Certification of tier 2 building schematics.
- Concentrated essences for the creation of weapon enchantment stones.
- Runic power stones for accessories.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 45 and under).
- Certification of Freehold adjacency bonuses for building.
- Common glyphs for the creation of armor and weapon enhancement scrolls.
- Artisanship mastery qualifications.
There are several great universities across the world of Verra during this time period in particular [25 years before the fall]. Most of them convene a Council of Knowledge, they call it. The Council of Knowledge consists of the greatest minds from each nation. They really don't recognize borders or politics for the most part. Unless their governments try to meddle in their affairs of their pursuit of knowledge. The greatest and most respected elders in the ways of magic - which is basically learning how to manipulate what's called the Essence: That's from where all magic flows - and understanding how the Essence exists in parity with your Life Spark and the world around you: The Universe itself. The greatest of these wizards are found in the Pyrian kingdom; and they are solely in pursuit of knowledge as we read earlier with regards to the Pyrian Elves. – Steven Sharif
- Scribes can create scrolls or books.
They want to be able to collect information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view. For instance: Nodes leveling up, they want to be able to take that information down and be the one to distribute it.
We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Language-specific lexicons in the game from a lore and immersion standpoint. These do not have real player-to-player implications.
- Historial of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
- Musical instruments.
- Easter eggs out in the world.
- Social buildings provide spaces for players to gather and tell/share stories, while also affecting the game and interacting with the world.
- Juegos de salón.
- Players can run a business based on role playing.
A MMO lives and breathes on its community and we don't really want to give short shrift to any one of those types. All of them are important: the RPers are important, the people who just want to hang out in the Inn and talk are important, they all add to the game and so we want to make sure that we take care of all of them... You can run a business based on RPing. – Jeffrey Bard
- 2018-02-24 Video - Alpha-0 Dünheim Dungeon Lore
- 2019-05-07 Video - Ashes of Creation Lore of the Hippogryph
- 2019-06-22 Blog: A Fell Venture (Creation of the Fellbeak Macaw)
- 2019-07-30 Blog: Rocky Beginnings (Creation of the Quarrior)
- 2019-08-09 Blog: A Noble Steed (Creation of the Horse)
- 2019-11-02 Extra Life Livestream
- 2020-11-08 Extra Life Livestream
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Interview, 7 December 2016.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-01-18 (39:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (15:37).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (37:50).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (37:13).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:00:39).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (36:29).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (00:49).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (40:24).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (9:51).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (42:22).
- May newsletter.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (10:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (11:48).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (20:04).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (16:50).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (AM) (10:02).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-31 (6:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:01:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:00:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:06:56).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (11:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (50:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (05:31).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (10:41).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (29:23).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (23:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-08 (44:51).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (31:13).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-11-22 (24:33).
- Week 2, entry 1.
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (25:27).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Ashes of Creation race breakdown.
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:00:54).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:01:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:02:35).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:05:24).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:00:28).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:01:29).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-02-09 (13:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-01-18 (21:18).
- Dillias diary.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:02:36).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-05-04 (34:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:00:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (04:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (07:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (52:56).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (56:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-02-09 (29:26).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (15:-1).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (6:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-10-31 (36:59).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- Week 1, entry 1.
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Ashes of Creation Store: Shadeless Tree Tavern.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-10-31 (14:13).
- Blog: Bounties of the Verdant Keeper.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (14:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:45).
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- Entrevista, 2018-10-31 (5:03).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-30 (16:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (20:17).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (39:34).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-31 (5:43).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (17:09).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-09-03 (15:40).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (1:03:17).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:36:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:50:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:18:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-12-17 (1:10:30).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (35:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-31 (29:50).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:13:23).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- 2018-05-01 Newsletter
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (0:00:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-11-03 (00:01:59).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-17 (44:42).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (37:25).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (44:06).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Death's Bastion.
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (51:39).