- The objective is to provide both vertical and horizontal progression.
- Repetition will not be part of progression in Ashes of Creation.
Multiple playstyles should be relevant and viable. Additionally, you have a spread between casual players and hard-core players; and most of us exist somewhere on that spectrum. The progression path in a society or religion is more conducive to the time we have to play. Whereas, someone else may be playing several hours a day, and they have a better opportunity for the raid/level progression that might require some more dedication. So we want to have these different progression paths available to accommodate the different times in our lives that we have to play the game. And all of those types of progressions will make us relevant in some way shape or form to the general world. – Steven Sharif
Having the ability to gain power at a sacrifice... That's a way to kind of reach a horizontal type of progression. It may not be entirely, because there could potentially be a meta if balancing isn't done correctly; but the objective there is to make sure we have both vertical and horizontal progression in the game. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Nivelación
- 2 Class progression
- 3 Gear progression
- 4 Pet progression
- 5 Artisan progression
- 6 Religion progression
- 7 Mariner classes (Naval progression)
- 8 Node progression
- 9 Guild progression
- 10 Social organization progression
- 11 Alliance progression
- 12 Freehold progression
- 13 Monster coin progression
- 14 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse progression
- 15 See also
- 16 Referencias
Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
We want the game to be a living game, which means that all content should be relevant at all times. I’d say that we try to make as little distinction between the leveling up experience and the end game experience as possible. The whole journey is important to us, in order to maximize the fun people have during different stages of the game. – Sarah Flanagan
- Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat (such as Asedios de nodos) that is not directly dependent on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
The idea is not to be a game where somebody can essentially no life for a week and be max level. The idea is to incorporate some significant chunk of time but still respect the casual player, because you know the way we respect the casual player is not everything is driven in our game through the adventuring progression line. Not everything is driven through your class level per-se. There's a lot of different progression paths that are available and make you relevant within certain systems and mechanics within the game; and some of those paths are more casual friendly and some of those paths are more hardcore friendly. So with regards to the adventuring class, the idea is to make sure that investment needs to be pretty significant and that the reward then is respective of that investment. – Steven Sharif
- There will be no "grindy" quests.
- There will not be repetitive quest lines through a single dungeon to obtain gear.
- The aspiration is to have more things to do in the game than a player has time to do.
No habra opciones para aumentar el nivel de personajes mientras no estes conectado al juego.
Mentor program/ level scaling
- There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will you he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
A medida que un jugador progresa con su arquetipo primario (clase primaria), tendrán la oportunidad de elegir un segundo arquetipo para aumentar sus habilidades primarias con habilidades de su segundo arquetipo (clase secundaria). La combinación de los arquetipos primario y secundario es conocido como una clase.
Si un Luchador eligiese ser Mago como arquetipo secundario, el fighter se convertiría en Spellsword. Ésta combinación crea aumentos que pueden ser aplicados en habilidades de su arbol de habilidades primario. Fighters tienen la habilidad Rush que les permite embestir a sus objetivos; y una vez los alcanzan, infligirles una cierta cantidad de daño con una posibilidad de derribarlos. El aumento Mage's escape puede ser aplicado a la habilidad de Rush, la cual teletransportaría al jugador hasta su objetivo; eliminando el tiempo de embestida en la habilidad.
- Aumentos en las habilidades primarias cambiarán fundamentalmente la manera en la que la habilidad funciona adaptando lo que la habilidad hacía antes para incorporar la nueva identidad del segundo arquetipo/clase.
- Una clase secundaria no proporciona habilidades adicionales.
- No es posible maximizar todas las habilidades en un árbol de habilidades.
Clases por combinación de arquetipos
Habilidades de clase
Las habilidades primarias (habilidades de clase) están basadas en el arquetipo del jugador. Los jugadores pueden personalizar sus habilidades primarias con el aumento de un arquetipo secundario.
El diseño tras los aumentos no es solo darle al personaje un poco de "sabor" para que refleje el arquetipo secundario, sino realizar cambios fundamentales a los componentes clave de una habilidad. – Steven Sharif
- Cada arquetipo secundario ofrece cuatro escuelas de aumento diferentes. Cada escuela de aumentos afecta a las habilidades primarias de un arquetipo de forma distinta.
- Por ejemplo: Un Mago ofrece aumentos de teletransportación y escuelas elementales. Estos aumentos afectarán las habilidades primarias de un Luchador de forma distinta que a las de un Clérigo.
- Cada aumento requiere cierto nivel y número de puntos de habilidad para ser activado.
- Los aumentos a las habilidades primarias cambiarán fundamentalmente la forma en la que funciona dicha habilidad: Adaptará aquello que la habilidad hacía para incorporar la identidad del arquetipo secundario.
- Para cambiar los aumentos de tus habilidades, deberás ir a un NPC en un nodo de nivel Aldea o mayor.
- Algunos colores y efectos especiales|FX pueden cambiar dependiendo de los aumentos elegidos.
- Las habilidades activas pueden verse completamente diferentes después de que se les ha aplicado un aumento.
Los jugadores recibirán puntos de habilidad a medida que suban de nivel. Estos puntos pueden utilizarse para aumentar el nivel de habilidades ya sea en la rama activa, pasiva o de combate de su respectivo árbol de habilidad.
- No será posible maximizar todas las habilidades de un árbol de habilidad.
- En términos de progresión de habilidad, los jugadores podrán elegir si ir de forma "amplia" y tener muchas habilidades distintas, o ir "profundo" y mejorar mucho solo algunas habilidades específicas.
Cualquiera sea el arquetipo secundario que elijas de entre los ocho disponibles, recibirás una selección de aumentos que se relacionan con alguna idea fundamental de ese arquetipo. Así como un tanque se enfoca en controlar el campo de batalla y sobrevivir, el mago se enfoca en hacer daño, elementos y áreas de efecto. El pícaro se concentra en el sigilo y el daño crítico. Los aumentos que recibas se enfocarán en ese tipo de identidades. – Steven Sharif
La idea detrás de este sistema es que puedas difuminar la linea entre tu rol y otro, gracias a los aumentos. Usamos el clásico sistema de trinidad que está presente muchos MMOs y es muy común ver que estos jamás se desvían de dicho sistema o que se apartan completamente de él. Los aumentos sirven para ofrecer un punto en el que todavía puedes mantener algo parecido al sistema de trinidad, a la vez que ofreces la oportunidad de personalizar tu experiencia de juego hacia otros ángulos. – Steven Sharif
- The weapon use combo system determines special effects that proc based on weapon progression.
- Ancillary effects proc based on enchantment types.
- Gear enhancements (power stones) can be applied to add elemental or energy types of damage.
- A skill tree is used to grant effects: making them better or branching off into different directions.
- Passive skills will enable players to work toward mastery of a weapon.
- Weapon proficiency (based on length of use of a weapon) is not a planned feature.
- Q: Are weapons balanced towards a proficiency system (i.e. the longer I use a sword, the better my damage will be), or will it be a normal RPG stat system with no long-term scaling?
- A: We will not be using a proficiency system as described, but players will have passives available in their skill tree that will increase effectiveness of certain weapons. Becoming a master of swords will be something that is possible, just not in that particular manner. – Sarah Flanagan
Ashes of Creation is all about providing many progression paths... The reason why we don't like the term endgame is because with the amount of progression that's available with the amount of diversity and player agency that that impacts the world... We kind of want the the weapon system and add an element of that as well... You can determine special effects that proc from currently the combo system right; you can determine ancillary effects that proc based on enchantment types; you can power stone weapons to add different either elemental types of damage and/or energy that kind of play rock paper scissor with player defenses ... and then you can skill tree out how those effects that are granted ... you can make them better you can branch them off into a different direction. – Steven Sharif
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Progression in various Pvp systems will unlock enchantment stones that grant temporary PvP-focused benefits to gear (via a socketing system). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- There isn't RNG in crafting but there may be a small amount of RNG in enchanting.
- Over-enchanting items may come with a potential risk that the item is destroyed.
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses.
- Vertical enchantments include risks.
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
- This doesn't make the item more powerful, but instead more applicable to different situations, and less so to others.
- This type of enchanting assumes no risk, just time and effort.
Power creep is a balance issue... When it comes to gear progression specifically, the idea is to create an open market that is not heavily dependent on soulbound items; and having many item sinks and gold sinks within that economy that allows for the potential degradation and loss of assets within that closed economy; and not introduce items from the market that companies put in from a pay-to-win perspective or from a pay-to-convenience perspective that undermines the economy that players have built. That is a huge mistake that companies have made in the past and that lends to the imbalancing of what designers maybe have actually balanced well. – Steven Sharif
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
Players must choose a path in the artisan skill tree for each character. Within each of the three parent artisan paths (Reunión, Procesamiento and Elaboración) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these parent paths.
Gathering is a parent artisan path, along with processing and crafting. Within each of the three parent paths lies different professions. You may only ever master one parent path. But you may spend time mastering each profession within the parent artisan path. – Steven Sharif
Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Players can dabble in all professions at a "beginners" level before they decide to master a particular pathway.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- It is possible to master multiple professions within a parent artisan path, but this will be a long and labor intensive feat, requiring many resources.
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
- Choice of profession does not affect a player's stats.
- Characters within a single account (Alts) may have different professions.
- Progression within artisan classes does not relate to a player's progression in their adventuring class.
Players will have the opportunity to kind of dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that kind of gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to kind of pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Players may follow only one religion at a time.
- Religious progression is based on quests that are only offered to followers of that religion.
- Religions have a ranking system based on a player's performance in these quests and the number of quests completed.
- Changing religion will cause loss of progress in a player's previous religion.
It depends on their dedication to the religion itself; their performance when it comes to certain religion's religious objectives; their contribution to the development of that religion within the world. There's a lot of different markers that we use at each stage to determine how they progress within the religion. – Steven Sharif
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to Clases de artesanos. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Boat repair.
- Ship components.
- Defensive skills.
- Utility based skills.
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
Citizen and non-citizen player activity (questing, gathering, raiding, etc.) within a node's ZOI counts toward that particular node’s advancement (progression). Nodes have seven (7) stages of advancement, with experience thresholds for each stage. When a Node reaches the experience required for its current stage, it advances to the next stage.
|Node stage.||Alternate name.||Timeframe to advance.||Player housing.|
|3.||Village||-||Few days||Small houses|
|4.||Town||-||Many days||Medium houses|
|5.||City||-||Few weeks||Large houses|
The Development Area of a Node is where civilization will appear as the Node advances. As the Node Stage increases, different buildings, NPCs, and services will become available in the Development Area. The higher the Node Stage, the more complex and populated the Development Area becomes. Development Areas will also vary depending on the Node Type - Economic, Military, Scientific, or Divine; we’ll go into further details on each of those Node Types in future posts in this series. – Margaret Krohn
- Nodes advance to the first stage quickly. This enables NPC services such as vending or banking items.
- The more advanced the node is, the larger its ZOI becomes.
- Less advanced nodes (referred to as vassal nodes) that fall within a more advanced node's ZOI can still gain XP, but must remain at a lower advancement stage than the dominant node.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
The way that the algorithm expands the territories takes into account a few things: One it takes into account the coast like where's the closest coast. Two it takes into account the neighboring nodes so it can take over and essentially vassal state those nodes, but what's more important is essentially the initial population based on like how players choose their races. Because we have nine different races and four different starting points that branch out, each server's population density is going to dictate essentially the first few nodes that are that are highly populated and then that initial seed is what's going to determine the node structure as it moves inland into the into the world essentially; and based on the performance and successes of different sieges will determine which nodes that got locked out from the previous the initial advancements what nodes can now be available to advance further. So I really think that with so many variables that are present in the equation of how nodes advance and stay existing with the more variables you have, the higher likelihood there is for there to be a significant diversion in world progression. – Steven Sharif
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- La localización del nodo.
- El tipo de nodo.
- La raza con mayor contribución al avance del nodo.
- El resto es determinado por el alcalde del nodo.
Existe el desgaste y ese desgaste en la experiencia y la influencia aumenta basado en el desempeño de la raza en el mundo. Así que si todos los nodos fuesen nodos orcos, su nivel de desgaste sería muy alto y se volvería muy difícil competir contra el establecimiento cultural de nuevos nodos, pues ellos tendrían más influencia sobre el mundo y la opinión popular estaría en su contra en aquellos nodos fuera de su control. – Steven Sharif
Zones and progression
Mazmorras, Incursiones, Jefes mundiales, Mobs, Misiones, Events, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- Organizaciones sociales.
- Elaboración certain items.
- Passive abilities increase certain stats relating to a guild member's ability to perform in combat or in other aspects of the guild, such as the economy.
- Aumenta may apply at the upper tiers of guild progression.
- Guild members do not need to be citizens of the same node in order to benefit from passive skills and augments.
- Guild size can be traded off for guild progression.
- Salones gremiales can be unlocked at a certain stage of guild advancement.
As you're leveling up the guild and you're getting these points to either allocate towards expanding the guilds member count or allocate towards adding certain passive abilities that your guild members can gain by being guild members. You're also going to see as you're leveling up the guild through different type of quest-based, participation-based, node-based, organization-based systems and ways that those quests hook into the world. You're also going to see perhaps some augment abilities at the upper tiers of the guild levels become unlocked for certain members that have a classification of officer or knight, will have access to those different types of augment abilities that might get unlocked should you go down the non expansive member lane; and the idea there is to offer these benefits to smaller groups. – Steven Sharif
It's not always going to be combat. You could have an economic focus guild. You could have a trade oriented guild; and there's all sorts of things that you can kind of put together and kind of give your guild its own identity. – Jeffrey Bard
Social organization progression
A player progresses through a social organization by accomplishing tasks or quests. There are hierarchical paths pertaining to specific questlines for the organization's thematic. These quests will either be cooperative with or adversarial against other nodes based on their mutual war status.
- - For example, a Thieves' guild may have objectives and quests toward securing a particular item to enable players to advance within the organization.
Social organizations are going to have questlines that players participate in which some will include sabotage, espionage, intrigue... While it's not necessarily player versus player in the combat sense, it is player versus player in pitting communities in those organizations kind of against each other in a competitive atmosphere, where only some things can be accomplished by certain communities; and not everybody can succeed at a particular task. So, I think that that's a unique way to involve meaningful conflict that doesn't necessarily have to relate to PvP, because obviously we have a lot of PvP systems in the game and and there are many ways for players to participate in player versus player combat; but we also want to make sure that from a progression standpoint, from a system standpoint there are going to be abilities of individuals to follow these questlines, these tasks that will pit organizations against each other, specifically from an organizational standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Social organizations unlock augments.
You're gonna see arguments being used a lot throughout a lot of our systems. When we're talking about the guild system, when we're talking about social organizations, when we're talking about religions. A lot of those things are going to affect how and what you have available to augment your skills with. – Jeffrey Bard
- Progression pathways within alliances.
- Gremios sharing common services with alliance members.
- Alliances can toggle relationships with nodes.
Content that revolves around alliances specifically and progression within the development of that alliance; and the ability to share some common services between guilds that are part of that alliance. I think that additionally allowing alliances to toggle certain relationships with nodes as an interaction is beneficial. That's going to provide an interesting dynamic for players who are either members of the particular node that has the relationship established or members of the Alliance. So I think that obviously building systems is is about creating the channels by which these players can form bonds and the more layers you have around those you know channels of bonding between the different guilds or players, the more sustainable that relationship. – Steven Sharif
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Player-owned Taverns on freehold plots.
Player owned businesses
- Misiones that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
Monster coin progression
In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level.
- The tier of the monster coin dictates how powerful the monster is.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse progression
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse adventure paths
- The first chapter of Apocalypse is The Exodus. Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- There will be an optional Legendary Path that players can purchase for USD $10 per 10 weeks.
- The Legendary Path offers over 50 cosmetic rewards.
- Alpha-1 backers and Intrepid pre-order pack owners will be granted a lifetime compendium (battle pass) to the Legendary path.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1 and Beta-2 backers will have access to the first chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn.
- Other Kickstarter, summer backers and pre-order pack owners will receive the first chapter of the legendary path for free for 70 days. 71 different cosmetic rewards can be earned starting from December 18th.
- The Legendary path will also have a shop for one-off cosmetics.
- Embers can be used in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse to purchase unique cosmetics or to purchase the Legendary adventure path.
- All Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse allow players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing will entitle players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
|Basic axe.||Hallowed Bronze Axe.||Arcanic Bronze Axe.||Pyroclastic Bronze Axe.||Eldritch Bronze Axe.|
|Thundering Mace.||Hallowed Mace.||Arcanic Mace.||Pyroclastic Mace.||Eldritch Mace.|
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (51:52).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (1:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (42:17).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (28:38).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (46:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:34:55).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-12-15 (58:48).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:07:59).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (19:25).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (52:41).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (50:50).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (19:05).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:25:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (58:38).
- Vídeo, 2017-02-07 (0:02s).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:47:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-12-17 (1:13:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:07:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:09:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (53:15).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (1:00:44).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-05-30 (58:28).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:28:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- Entrevista, 2018-10-20 (2:53:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:24:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (6:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-04-30 (54:33).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (57:02).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-08 (44:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-06-01 (33:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (3:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- Vídeo, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (55:39).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (22:10).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (36:07).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:31:53).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (9:36).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-17 (7:27).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (18:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-06-01 (31:47).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (21:07).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (48:29).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-06-28 (51:37).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (26:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-09-30 (1:34:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (51:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (1:00:52).
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (27:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (26:03).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (26:23).
- Bronze Axe Skins.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:37).
- Thundering Mace Skins.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:43).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (28:51).