When a Village becomes a Town, there are even more permanent structures, and a continued established local government. The development area feels well lived-in and developed at this point. Societies and Organizations begin to patronize the Town with ranking structures for players to participate in. – Margaret Krohn
Citizen and non-citizen player activity (questing, gathering, raiding, etc.) within a node's ZOI counts toward that particular node’s advancement (progression). Nodes have seven (7) stages of advancement, with experience thresholds for each stage. When a Node reaches the experience required for its current stage, it advances to the next stage.
|Node stage.||Alternate name.||Timeframe to advance.||Player housing.|
|3.||Village||-||Few days||Small houses|
|4.||Town||-||Many days||Medium houses|
|5.||City||-||Few weeks||Large houses|
The Development Area of a Node is where civilization will appear as the Node advances. As the Node Stage increases, different buildings, NPCs, and services will become available in the Development Area. The higher the Node Stage, the more complex and populated the Development Area becomes. Development Areas will also vary depending on the Node Type - Economic, Military, Scientific, or Divine; we’ll go into further details on each of those Node Types in future posts in this series. – Margaret Krohn
- Nodes advance to the first stage quickly. This enables NPC services such as vending or banking items.
- The more advanced the node is, the larger its ZOI becomes.
- Less advanced nodes (referred to as vassal nodes) that fall within a more advanced node's ZOI can still gain XP, but must remain at a lower advancement stage than the dominant node.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
The way that the algorithm expands the territories takes into account a few things: One it takes into account the coast like where's the closest coast. Two it takes into account the neighboring nodes so it can take over and essentially vassal state those nodes, but what's more important is essentially the initial population based on like how players choose their races. Because we have nine different races and four different starting points that branch out, each server's population density is going to dictate essentially the first few nodes that are that are highly populated and then that initial seed is what's going to determine the node structure as it moves inland into the into the world essentially; and based on the performance and successes of different sieges will determine which nodes that got locked out from the previous the initial advancements what nodes can now be available to advance further. So I really think that with so many variables that are present in the equation of how nodes advance and stay existing with the more variables you have, the higher likelihood there is for there to be a significant diversion in world progression. – Steven Sharif
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- La localización del nodo.
- El tipo de nodo.
- La raza con mayor contribución al avance del nodo.
- El resto es determinado por el alcalde del nodo.
Existe el desgaste y ese desgaste en la experiencia y la influencia aumenta basado en el desempeño de la raza en el mundo. Así que si todos los nodos fuesen nodos orcos, su nivel de desgaste sería muy alto y se volvería muy difícil competir contra el establecimiento cultural de nuevos nodos, pues ellos tendrían más influencia sobre el mundo y la opinión popular estaría en su contra en aquellos nodos fuera de su control. – Steven Sharif
|Apartamentos||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
|Arrendamientos||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Each different type of housing offers different benefits.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- Elaboración benches to craft furniture and other items.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Logros and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- May provide proximity based bonuses.
- Caravans are for transfer of personal goods and quests as well as supplies for castles and nodes.
- Caravans can transport goods for more than one player.
Asedios de nodos
Asedios de nodos enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
Trophy park is an area within Town, City or Metropolis nodes that has available spots for trophies. These trophies show the character names of players who are the first to complete world bosses and dungeon bosses that were spawned as the result of the development of that particular node.
- Server announcements and achievements are designed to encourage groups to experience new content.
Monster coin events
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the Village and Metropolis stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (3:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- Vídeo, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Vídeo, 2019-07-16 (0:00s).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Entrevista, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- Vídeo, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:35:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (36:25).