At the Village Stage, the camp becomes a small frontier town. There are some permanent structures in place at this level, as well as the beginning of local Government. The Development Area feels permanent and lived in. You'll find buildings developed with more advanced materials, features such as stone and mortar, fences, and other common structures. The Village Stage will also unlock a Special Building that grants unique utility to its Node Type - Military, Economic, Divine or Scientific; we’ll share further details on those buildings in future entries in this series that cover each specific Node Type. – Margaret Krohn
The Development Area of a Node is where civilization will appear as the Node advances. As the Node Stage increases, different buildings, NPCs, and services will become available in the Development Area. The higher the Node Stage, the more complex and populated the Development Area becomes. Development Areas will also vary depending on the Node Type - Economic, Military, Scientific, or Divine; we’ll go into further details on each of those Node Types in future posts in this series. – Margaret Krohn
- Nodes advance to the first stage quickly. This enables NPC services such as vending or banking items.
- The more advanced the node is, the larger its ZOI becomes.
- Less advanced nodes (referred to as vassal nodes) that fall within a more advanced node's ZOI can still gain XP, but must remain at a lower advancement stage than the dominant node.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
The way that the algorithm expands the territories takes into account a few things: One it takes into account the coast like where's the closest coast. Two it takes into account the neighboring nodes so it can take over and essentially vassal state those nodes, but what's more important is essentially the initial population based on like how players choose their races. Because we have nine different races and four different starting points that branch out, each server's population density is going to dictate essentially the first few nodes that are highly populated and then that initial seed is what's going to determine the node structure as it moves inland into the into the world essentially; and based on the performance and successes of different sieges will determine which nodes that got locked out from the previous the initial advancements what nodes can now be available to advance further. So I really think that with so many variables that are present in the equation of how nodes advance and stay existing with the more variables you have, the higher likelihood there is for there to be a significant diversion in world progression. – Steven Sharif
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring/Adjacent nodes from Expedición (stage 1) upward block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- This cooldown period allows players to establish citizenship at the village; which may require them to relinquish previous citizenship at another node.
- Following the initial cooldown, there will be a one week election process, then from that point on, elections will follow a monthly cadence.
- Asedios de nodos may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to any stage.
The village stage is a unique stage because that's when the government system comes online and all other stages past village there will have already been a cadence for the election system and it will follow that cadence, but after the initial village stage is completed there will be a one week period where players have an opportunity to establish citizenship at the village that also provides for the cooldown time that is- that would be present on players leaving another node to kind of participate in in this particular node leveling up. But that after that one week period then there will be a one-week election process and then from that point moving forward will be the one month cadence that the node experiences elections on. – Steven Sharif
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Only citizens of a node may participate in its elections.
- Only node citizens may be elected mayor.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Divine node governments are chosen from citizens via service oriented quests that prove faith and dedication to the node.
- Most of the devotion-oriented tasks are going to be on an individual basis and won't utilize outside support.
- Economic node governments are able to be bought and sold by citizens with the most money.
- Mayors of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- An idea currently under consideration is to have players build out a champion that they can then fight in the arena, rather then using their regular characters. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
- The reason for the champion idea is because the game isn't balanced for 1v1 Pvp. Utilizing champions makes arena combat more of a level playing ground.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- The winner of the combat can not transfer the mayoralty to another player.
- Scientific node governments are elected democratically. Records of who voted for who are not published.
|Player housing||Type.||Availability.||Starting count.||Ownership limit.|
|Apartamentos||Instanced.||Aldea stage and higher.||50.||One per character per server.|
|Arrendamientos||Open world.||Aldea stage and higher.||Ample.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Aldea stage and higher.||8.||One per character per server.|
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- Elaboración benches to craft furniture and other items.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Logros and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- Housing may provide proximity based bonuses.
- Caravans are for transfer of personal goods and quests as well as supplies for castles and nodes.
- Caravans can transport goods for more than one player.
Asedios de nodos
Asedios de nodos enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
Monster coin events
Legion monster coin events are common events that occur for Nodos up to the Aldea stage. This might include a horde of zombies rolling across the countryside finding something or someone to feast on. Players who wish to keep their advancements will need to be vigilant.
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the Aldea and Metropolis stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:07:50).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-11-22 (50:56).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Vídeo, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:01:34).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (6:03).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:18:26).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- Entrevista, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:17:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:01:59).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Vídeo, 2019-07-16 (0:00s).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Entrevista, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- Vídeo, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- Vídeo, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (36:25).