Mapa del mundo
The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- These points of interest are determined by Node progression; and not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary server to server.
The map will have geographical choke points (such as Mountains) that are not traversable by players.
Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- 1 World size
- 2 Economic regions
- 3 Castle regions
- 4 Puntos de interés
- 5 Landmarks
- 6 Procedural generation
- 7 Mini map
- 8 Battle maps
- 9 Bounty hunter maps
- 10 Áreas de inicio
- 11 Zones of influence
- 12 Coastal nodes
- 13 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
- 14 Climate
- 15 Caza del tesoro
- 16 Servers
- 17 Artwork
- 18 Guías de la comunidad
- 19 See also
- 20 Referencias
- Water area is considered playable area, but the exact area of land versus water is not known at this time.
480 square kilometers; which is which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
- The Alpha-0 map was a 4km x 4km area (16 km2).
- The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale map was 2.5km x 2.5km2 (6.25 km2).
- The Alpha-1 map is expected to be 96 km2.
- Castle regions are larger and encompass multiple economic regions.
- Nodos are the glue that hold castle and economic regions together in potential synergy or chaos.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
Puntos de interés
- Populations will change.
- Content difficulty will change.
- The content may be different altogether, depending on what is developed and how.
- Different types of antagonists with different story lines.
- Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages.
- Storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will depend on the story arc paths chosen through the node system.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
Players will be able to move resources and set up shop in other areas to take advantage of the varied markets. With resources spawning dynamically, certain regions will naturally become important trading hubs for the transportation of goods throughout the world.
Battle maps allow players to strategize, gain bonuses on planned attacks, and see the blueprints of attackable points. Whether attacking a node or castle, players will be able to discern defenses, analyze possible weak points and gain tactical advantages before the battle begins.
- Battle maps might not fit into lower level or smaller sized taverns.
- Battle maps are not currently on the official roadmap for launch.
Battle maps offer an interactive command map instead of the standard World map. The system would be accessed through City hall or battle planning center. Battle maps work similar to a Risk board, with the node siege map laid out with moveable pieces that would represent defenses. Moving pieces would create buff zones that would give active siege players access to special items or perks. The map does not show the currently active battle: pieces will have to be moved before the battle commences. The idea is to make sieges more strategic and avoid simple zerg tactics.
Bounty hunter maps
Players with a high enough corruption score will be visible on the world and mini maps. These players will have markers posted on the map by an NPC from a Military node of at least stage 4 (Town), and will only be granted to players who have the Bounty hunter title. The accuracy of bounty hunter maps is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.
Taverns are one of the locations that bounties will be posted. As players gain corruption, taverns may offer bounties to eliminate those players; or have a specific area cleared of problem players, thus giving a POI (point of interest) on the world map.
Áreas de inicio
- Habrán pequeños asentamientos de NPCs en las áreas de inicio. Estos representan partidas de reconocimiento que fueron enviadas por las expediciones principales de vuelta a Verra. Estos asentamientos están diseñados para aclimatar a los nuevos jugadores al mundo.
- Cada área de inicio se encuentra cerca de al menos una de las cuatro puertas divinas, localizadas en ciudades en ruinas de las 4 razas antiguas.
- Aunque pueda resultar beneficioso, los jugadores no están obligados a pasar por el contenido de las zonas de inicio.
- Las áreas de inicio tienen cierta distancia entre ellas.
Un problema que tienen muchos MMOs es que las áreas de inicio terminan vacías, lo cual es muy triste, porque el mayor aspecto de un MMO es el sentido de comunidad que puedes experimentar. Así que, unos de los puntos fuertes del sistema de nodos es que funciona muy bien desde el punto de vista de los jugadores nuevos, pues varios de estos nodos van a desarrollarse cerca de las zonas de inicio alrededor del mundo. Esto traerá a los jugadores de vuelta a estas áreas si son ciudadanos y quieren utilizar los servicios de su ciudad. Así que cuando los jugadores nuevos entren al mundo, es muy probable que se encuentren rodeados de gente, pues los jugadores querrán visitar estos grandes nodos. – Steven Sharif
Nota del traductor: Esto también permitirá encuentros y relaciones más naturales entre jugadores nuevos y veteranos.
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ashes of Creation.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
Zones of influence
Each Node can form into towns, but are limited by their neighbors. The Nodes have different levels of advancement. There can only be so many of each level. Think of this as advanced settlements needing more elbow room. Nodes encompass more land as they grow and will require more effort to be sustained. This system is a main driver for change in the world because it creates scarcity. As Nodes advance in stages of growth they will lock out neighboring Nodes from progressing, and will absorb their zones of influence.
The main thing that differentiates us from other MMOs is that we have a living, breathing, reactive world... Our world is separated into zones, which are then separated into what we call nodes. Nodes are sort of invisible zones of influence that listen to everything that a player does; so as players gain experience from killing things, gain experience from doing quests, gain experience through crafting things, the node is also gaining that experience. Once a node gains enough experience it levels up and then starts to attract NPCs to it . – Jeffrey Bard
Zones and progression
Mazmorras, Incursiones, Jefes mundiales, Mobs, Misiones, Events, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
- Coastal nodes change the spawn tables of the nearby water content and can also trigger specific events.
- Harbors in coastal nodes will have quest lines that relate to the ocean and nearby islands.
- It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
Forest of Erinthia map
- Breakwater Quarry
- Chillmouth Outpost
- Coldwind Township
- Dream Spire
- Erinthia's Shame
- Hallowed Vale
- Icebound Lookout
- Icecap Thicket
- The Spirit Vault
- City of Alerynn
- City of Gant
- Creation's Rest
- Crystal Canyons
- Farstrider Outpost
- Fionne Vale
- Fort Ryll
- Karthmere Keep
- La'sai Village
- Nyliann Academy
- Rotweald Forest
- Sa'kaan Fens
- Sky Mesa
- Spire of Eremus
- Town of Grimsale
- Town of Valenn
- Weather conditions change with the Seasons. – Jeffrey Bard
- There will be dynamic weather that varies in intensity.
- For example: Drizzle to/from storm, or Blizzard to/from snow.
Caza del tesoro
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different NPCs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
- Servers will be named after the champions of the great battles that led up to the fall of Verra.
- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
Guías de la comunidad
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Entrevista, 2017-05-22 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:25:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-31 (24:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (3:44).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-12-15 (1:09:36).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-31 (33:28).
- Entrevista, 2017-01-20 (06:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (48:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-03-28 (32:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:03:03).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (25:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Node series part I
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- Entrevista, 2018-04-20 (7:22).
- Entrevista, 2018-05-11 (55:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-07-09 (39:32).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Forest of Erinthia locations.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse locations.
- Vídeo, 2017-05-30 (0:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-18 (36:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-06-01 (29:33).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (41:25).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (48:13).