- Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat (such as Asedios de nodos) that is not directly dependent on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
The idea is not to be a game where somebody can essentially no life for a week and be max level. The idea is to incorporate some significant chunk of time but still respect the casual player, because you know the way we respect the casual player is not everything is driven in our game through the adventuring progression line. Not everything is driven through your class level per-se. There's a lot of different progression paths that are available and make you relevant within certain systems and mechanics within the game; and some of those paths are more casual friendly and some of those paths are more hardcore friendly. So with regards to the adventuring class, the idea is to make sure that investment needs to be pretty significant and that the reward then is respective of that investment. – Steven Sharif
- Experience gained from killing mobs and bosses when in a group is divided by the number of party members based on damage done. A multiplier is then applied that increases with the number of party members. The multiplier is between 1.3 and 1.4 (approximately). Experience gained is not affected by looting rights.
- Experience gained from quest rewards is not shared with other party members.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
If from the eight archetypes whatever you choose as your secondary, you're going to receive a choice of augments that relate to some core ideal of that class. You know like a tank is about controlling the battlefield, is about surviving. The mage is about dealing damage and elements and ability in AoEs. The rogue is going to be about stealth and critical damage. So those augments are going to to play towards those identities. – Steven Sharif
The idea behind the system is that you're kind of skirting the line through these augmentations of your role, right. We have the traditional holy trinity that's present in class designs for MMOs and it's often that those either are not deviated at all or completely deviated from entirely. The augment is to kind of offer a balance between that where you still maintain the semblance of that trinity system while offering the opportunity to customize your play experience towards one of the other angles in the triangle. – Steven Sharif
Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
We want the game to be a living game, which means that all content should be relevant at all times. I’d say that we try to make as little distinction between the leveling up experience and the end game experience as possible. The whole journey is important to us, in order to maximize the fun people have during different stages of the game. – Sarah Flanagan
- There will be no "grindy" quests.
- There will not be repetitive quest lines through a single dungeon to obtain gear.
- The aspiration is to have more things to do in the game than a player has time to do.
Mentor program/ level scaling
- There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will you he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
No habra opciones para aumentar el nivel de personajes mientras no estes conectado al juego.
A medida que un jugador progresa con su arquetipo primario (clase primaria), tendrán la oportunidad de elegir un segundo arquetipo para aumentar sus habilidades primarias con habilidades de su segundo arquetipo (clase secundaria). La combinación de los arquetipos primario y secundario es conocido como una clase.
Si un Luchador eligiese ser Mago como arquetipo secundario, el fighter se convertiría en Spellsword. Ésta combinación crea aumentos que pueden ser aplicados en habilidades de su arbol de habilidades primario. Fighters tienen la habilidad Rush que les permite embestir a sus objetivos; y una vez los alcanzan, infligirles una cierta cantidad de daño con una posibilidad de derribarlos. El aumento Mage's escape puede ser aplicado a la habilidad de Rush, la cual teletransportaría al jugador hasta su objetivo; eliminando el tiempo de embestida en la habilidad.
- Aumentos en las habilidades primarias cambiarán fundamentalmente la manera en la que la habilidad funciona adaptando lo que la habilidad hacía antes para incorporar la nueva identidad del segundo arquetipo/clase.
- Una clase secundaria no proporciona habilidades adicionales.
- No es posible maximizar todas las habilidades en un árbol de habilidades.
Zones and progression
Mazmorras, Incursiones, Jefes mundiales, Mobs, Misiones, Events, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
In the world naturally there will be locations that are going to have a mix of different levels of monsters and difficulty levels; and then those spawn tables relate to the development of nearby nodes. So as nodes develop they'll be changing the spawn tables around them to reflect their further development in the world, presenting new and more difficult dangers that the players can participate in. – Steven Sharif
- Rested experience allows players to gain experience at a faster rate for a period of time.
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (46:27).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:34:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-12-15 (58:48).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:07:59).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (19:25).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:22:23).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (44:46).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (55:44).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (19:05).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-29 (54:44).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-10-16 (1:00:44).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-27 (52:41).
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (50:50).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-31 (1:45:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-06-26 (1:14:42).
- A world with consequences.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (15:56).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (24:33).
- The mighty beard!
- Transmisión en vivo, 2019-06-28 (1:24:27).