Jefes de mundo
Ir a la navegación Ir a la búsqueda
- Jefes de mundo will spawn at variable locations at variable times.
- The general philosophy is that respawns will be variable. We don't want to have set specific times in which respawns will occur, so that they can be camped and farmed. But there'll be variable location respawns as well as variable time respawns. And then that provides opportunities for different parties to engage at different times and locations. – Steven Sharif
- World and regional bosses will scale based on the types, locations, and progression of nodes.
- Some world bosses will have stages of progression, such as defeating acolytes, then lieutenants, then generals, then the world boss itself.
- At each stage there is increasing difficulty. This may be parsed out into different time periods and be behind a wall of development.
- A single digit percentage of the population will be capable of defeating certain content.
- There will be ancillary effects that happen as a result of downing certain world bosses.
- Around 80% of the content is open-world, where healthy competition is an instigator for player friction; for potential cooperation; for the ability to yield alliances; and the political theater that comes with it. This is an intended part of the PvX design of Ashes of Creation.
List of world bosses
- Adolescent Dragon of the Wood
- Adolescent Flame Dragon
- Daughter of Depravity
- It Before Whom All Tremble
- It Who Rends The Sky
- It Who Sunders The Land
- Son of Tundra
- Sorrow's Hunger
- Tumok the Wretched
- Los asedios a castillos y nodos pueden tener zonas instanciadas donde grupos específicos pueden participar en encuentros basados en objetivos.
- Las mazmorras y las raids mantendrán una sensación de mundo abierto, aprovechando al mismo tiempo las mecánicas instanciadas.
- There will be some open dungeons that have bosses at the end of the dungeons. There will be some open dungeons that just have a multitude of dungeon bosses, not necessarily world raids or something; and there will be lots of different rooms and they'll be progressive in the sense that in the earlier parts of the dungeon they'll be lower level and then at the later parts of the dungeons deeper down they'll be higher level and more difficult; and that creates again I think an ecosystem of where players across a multitude of levels have an opportunity to coexist within certain areas of the world; and that's good from a social dynamic. It's good from a recruitment dynamic. It's good from just a liveliness and relevance of particular areas. So that you don't end up with these locations that once you pass a certain level like it's empty. – Steven Sharif
- Q: When you reach the bosses in [open world] dungeons can you be jumped?
- A: For the most part if there are bosses at the end of dungeons, it is possible for you to get jumped. – Steven Sharif
- Combat itself will be pretty intricate mechanics-wise. We're going to have different phases of the bosses, there's going to be a lot of adds stuff, there's going to be random oriented skill usage. We're not going to have telegraphed templates on the ground, but we will have telegraphed animations, so it's going to be location, mobility, strategic. It will be something that can not be repeatable in the exact same way from raid to raid, but has a variance between the combat, so raiders are going to have to be fluid in thinking on their feet. – Steven Sharif
- Multiple phase fights.
- Random skill usage.
- Fights will require location, mobility and strategy.
- Boss mechanics may be affected by changes in climate or time of day.
- Telegraphed animations, but no obvious telegraphed templates on the ground.
- Players can utilize boss mechanics against other players.
- Anytime the boss is telegraphing an ability, that is an opportunity for you to direct the location of that effect; and so in that sense, yes you could use a boss's mechanics in an interesting way to affect an enemy raid. – Steven Sharif
- Animation tells.
Dificultad del PVE
- Un mayor rendimiento en fases anteriores aumentará la dificultad de las fases posteriores del encuentro.
- Los jefes y enemigos no escalarán en función del tamaño del grupo, pero el comportamiento de la IA puede adaptarse dinámicamente al número y tipo de participantes en el encuentro.
- Raid bosses are aware of the number of combatants within an area in proximity to them and that awareness is part of an indicator to which behaviors they're going to utilize as part of their behavior tree. So as it's assessing the types of combatants that are facing it, the number of those combatants, the position of those combatants, the abilities and totals of those combatants, it weighs certain actions in its behavior tree and then it acts on those actions; and in the scenario where you're bringing overwhelming odds to a particular fight, that might weigh heavier the AoE options that the boss has access to, where they're utilizing a lot more AoE abilities during an engagement due to that overage of of players. So in that sense it's a bit adaptive. It's a bit dynamic based on the encounter scenario. – Steven Sharif
- Q: How challenging will raid boss mechanics be given the given that players may need to simultaneously fight other players while also fighting the boss?
- A: It depends. The great thing about our encounter system is that it has a wide scalability from encounters that some might consider easy given their composition to encounters that some might consider impossible until they get their gear level to a certain stage. The level of interaction with other players is really predicated on the encounter itself. We may have some encounters that are in instances although the predominant portion of those will be in the open world, in which case they do have the potential being contested; and these encounters, especially the big ones that might land in contention, are giving some of the best-in-slot gear you can get in the game. So it's important that they are contested because it is a significant victory point; and one of our core pillars is risk versus reward: and the higher that risk the higher that reward should be. So those two things seem fitting and then in addition we do have the concept of winners and losers. Not everybody in Ashes of Creation is going to be a winner; and that sucks if you're not I guess, but there is opportunity for you to continue to excel and become one. But it gives much more meaning to an achievement when not everybody gets the achievement. That's our philosophy. – Steven Sharif
Escalado por nivel
- Group loot rules are defined on a per-rarity basis.
- A majority of party members must vote to approve any changes to group loot allocation changes.
- The developers are considering using a double-tap interaction to loot all containers within a close proximity radius.
- There won't be auto-looting pets.
- It will be possible to kick a player from a party prior to them acquiring loot.
- Yes, technically it would be possible for you to kick a player prior to acquiring loot. However, again because we are a game that relies on social interactions, there are reputations to be had; and if you acquire a reputation as a raid leader, or as a party leader, of doing something dirty like that, then it's unlikely you'll be able to Garner the support of future party members and/or raids to lead efforts against these raid bosses. – Steven Sharif
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system.
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
Loot tables (drop tables) of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items). Monsters drop hunting certificates, Artículos and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Crafted gear is the best gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
- Loot tables will likely not be affected by weather conditions. This was previously listed as a possible effect.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will gain an approximately 5-10% edge over competing parties in terms of the total damage done when determining looting rights.
- These numbers will be balanced based on testing.
- At the end of the fight, the party with the highest damage done, including first tagging bonus, will be granted looting rights.
- We have a blended approach of damage done and a tag benefit. So if you tag the boss first, or you tag the loot- whatever the loot target is first- you're gonna get a benefit in the damage overall determination. So if you need to have 51% of damage done in order to qualify your raid, or the plurality of damage done if there's even three or four raids, then tagging first might give you a five or ten percent edge. We'll play with that number- balance it based on testing, but generally that's our approach in competing loot rights – Steven Sharif
- Q: If looting rights are based on a blended tag and damage done system, will there be any mechanics in place to ensure roles like tanks and healers have an equal shot even when they haven't dealt as much damage?
- A: That's the reason for the blended approach. The reason that we're doing a hybrid system between tag and damage done is for the purposes of those classes who may not be as DPS oriented as other classes. The tag system- all classes are going to have a sprinkling of immediate effects- of instantaneous casts and they can use that to tag a target, and that'll give them a modifier on the looting rights: So plus 10 or plus 15 will balance that, but it'll give them plus 10 to 15 on overall damage done if they tag the target and then their damage will make up the remainder of that percentage completion. So if I do 50 damage to a target but someone else has the tag I'm not going to be able to claim that looting right. They'll have done the other 50 plus 10 or 15. – Steven Sharif
- If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
2023-06-02 2023-06-01 2022-10-31 2022-08-27 2020-12-24
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (17:20).
- Entrevista, 2023-09-10 (28:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-05-31 (41:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-03-31 (1:20:41).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (54:26).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-05-31 (43:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Pódcast, 2018-08-04 (1:42:14).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-11-19 (55:31).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-05-31 (42:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-05-31 (45:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-04-07 (55:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-03-31 (1:00:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-10-28 (32:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-04-30 (1:05:34).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (11:04).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:48:36).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- Pódcast, 2021-09-29 (34:11).
- Pódcast, 2021-09-29 (35:17).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (24:17).
- Forums - Dev Discussion #52 - Boss Mechanics
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:14:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-05-27 (1:14:46).
- Entrevista, 2023-09-10 (32:16).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (49:38).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-01-27 (1:34:06).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-05-27 (1:20:35).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (24:14).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Vídeo, 2023-01-27 (16:44).
- Vídeo, 2023-01-27 (32:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-01-27 (1:08:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-04-29 (1:04:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2023-05-31 (1:07:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Vídeo, 2022-05-27 (2:21).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-03-31 (1:23:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2022-06-30 (1:16:22).
- Pódcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).