- 1 Raid bosses
- 2 Jefes de mundo
- 3 Dungeon bosses
- 4 PvE difficulty
- 5 Announcements/Notifications
- 6 Saqueo
- 7 Adaptive content
- 8 Monster Coins
- 9 Day and night cycle
- 10 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- 11 Artwork
- 12 See also
- 13 Referencias
- At each stage there is increasing difficulty.
- This may be parsed out into different time periods and be behind a wall of development.
- A single digit percentage of the population will be capable of defeating certain content.
There will be some in-depth raiding that has multiple stages that will be extremely difficult and... It would definitely be in the single digits of population that will be capable of defeating certain content... It doesn't mean that there won't be content available for the larger percentages as well... There should be a tiered level of content that players can constantly strive to accomplish. If there is no ladder of progression and everything is flat and all content can be experienced, then there is no drive to excel. – Steven Sharif
List of raid bosses
The more developed a zone the more challenging the content; and we feel that's a good progression when it comes to actual adventuring class, because it will match both world development and it will also continue to allow for participation for new players, if they may go into a zone that's recently been reset by either a siege or some other event. – Steven Sharif
Jefes de mundo
List of world bosses
- Higher performance in earlier phases will increase the difficulty of subsequent phases of the encounter.
- The higher the difficulty, the better the loot tables will be.
- Bosses and mobs will not auto-scale based on group size.
- Utilizing new AI technology that hasn't been seen in other MMORPG projects.
- Bosses are scripted and make decisions dynamically during boss fights.
- NPCs performing "idle actions" to make the world seem more alive has been discussed by the developers but is not confirmed.
- Certain AI behaviors might activate based on progress within an encounter.
There are some additional AI parameters that are set that don't relate necessarily to controlling NPCs. There are AIs with regards to the development of the borders for nodes in the direction and also the decisions that are made of which lower nodes to enslave as vassal states. There's AI that relates to a little bit of the stock market that's going to be present in the economy. There's some AI systems that are going to be announced also that are pretty innovative I think with regards to the MMORPG genre and that's going to make the triggered event system very interesting I think; and that's you know with regards to how nodes kind of develop and the environment reacts to that development by you know spawning these triggered events of you know a horde of zombies attacking a city or a legendary raid boss coming out of the mountain. I think there's a lot of opportunity for some of the innovations that's been in the AI sector of game development too to come out in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
- Certain node buildings and organizations offer quests that can be initiated by a mentor to assist new players. Rewards are offered to both the mentor and the mentee upon completion.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
The mentorship program provides individual quests that can be initiated by the mentor based off of what node that they are part of. So these are like quests that are determined by either certain buildings and/or organizations or the mayor; and there are specific ones that are available for mentors to provide mentees; and they can also participate in some of those quest lines as well: Whether that be leading your mentee through a dungeon or providing a location for them to arrive with you at, or escort quests for the NPC caravans. These types of things, when done together with your mentor, will provide benefits both for the mentor and the mentee as well, so you're incentivized to participate with new players. – Steven Sharif
- Asedios a castillos.
- Asedios de nodos.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
- Expedición (stage 1) and Campamento (stage 2) nodes will announce within proximity of the node.
- Aldea (stage 3) nodes will have region-wide announcements.
- Pueblo (stage 4) and higher will likely broadcast world-wide.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.
- Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.
If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- Crafters will be able to assign different skills/abilities and stats on gear.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
That plays into our crafting system in and of itself right. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be kind of dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- At the moment, harnessing corruption to warp items into demonic or decayed things is not on the cards.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
Mount and pet drops
- Additional buildings will spawn.
- Additional mobs will spawn.
- Content difficulty will change.
- Mazmorras will be unlocked when certain nodes advance to certain stages.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but Nodos will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
Sometimes the disturbed beings could take the form of packs of dire wolves, hordes of zombies roused from their graveyard, or even, rarely, an epic-tier dragon flying out of a volcano once a node reaches its maximum level. In any case, the disturbed monsters have to tackle a series of destructive objectives, which can either be handled by the the AI or, more interestingly, by a player. The player in turn would attempt to complete all those actions much as in a multi-objective quest, hopefully before other players brought him or her down.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- The Ancients are not going to be part of the monster coin system.
Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
Impact on nodes
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
Day and night cycle
- Different monsters will spawn at different times.
- NPCs and mobs may be awake or have varying behaviors at different times of the day.
- Different emissive effects may be more prevalent on night creatures.
Fifteen minutes may be one hour in game time.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- Each wave is more difficult than the last.
- Between waves, players collect experience, money and weapons to take back to their hold to defend against the next wave.
- Monster Coins enable players to join the game as part of the horde.
Horde mode will absolutely include boss mechanics, so some of the ideas behind that is going to have a wave mode of a variety of NPCs will likely include some achievable cosmetics as well in that mode depending on how far you can get and those cosmetics will include pets of the NPCs that you face, so like a little miniature version of the NPC's and we'll update those as well, that you'll have in the MMO. – Steven Sharif
- Testing the blackboard for the AI.
- NPCs with different adaptive AI focuses:
It's a way that we thought it would be kind of fun to implement AI mechanics that we're looking to implement. Testing the you know the blackboard for the AI. Being able to have variable types of NPCs that have roles whether it be like a sniper, ranged, melee, boss, heroic you know kind of different AI focuses for those monsters during interesting situations. – Steven Sharif
2020-12-23 2020-11-09 2020-03-28
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-03-28 (1:58:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (12:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (11:15).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:42:14).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:39:47).
- Vídeo, 2020-05-31 (17:20).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:09:37).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (1:53:32).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (11:55).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-07-28 (43:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (3:56).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (24:23).
- Entrevista, 2021-06-13 (24:14).
- Vídeo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-09-30 (1:07:22).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (26:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Entrevista, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Entrevista, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (50:33).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2021-03-26 (1:02:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Transmisión en vivo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Vídeo, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-24 (22:30).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (41:49).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Transmisión en vivo, 2017-05-12 (57:41).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (15:55).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-24 (13:17).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-09-01 (54:06).
- Transmisión en vivo, 2018-08-17 (30:29).
- Entrevista, 2018-08-08 (4:00).